Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Mean Streak and have recently noticed a mild vibration that is only present between 2800-3500 RPM. Gear and speed does not effect it. The vibration can be felt as well as seen in the mirrors. I just picked it up from the dealer and was told that Kawasaki told them it is a characteristic of the V- Twin. The vibration was not present 6 months ago, so I don't buy this at all. I would appreciate any help from anyone who can provide insight on this issue.

·
Bigg Daddy G
52 Posts
I too have an '07 and observed the same thing you're seeing above. Vibration is mild to slight for me and also seen in my mirrors at the RPM's you note above.

On a separate post in this forum, I added Kuryakyn Grip End Weights to my Iso-Grips and the mirror vibration was reduced probably 85%. Much nicer...safer... I think you're ok.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
a mild vibration that is only present between 2800-3500 RPM. Gear and speed does not effect it. The vibration can be felt as well as seen in the mirrors.
My mirrors behave better at 115 km/h than at 100, so I guess it just has to do with the frequency of the vibrations and I hardly think it's specifik for the MS.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
I suspect Kawi is correct. As you get more time on your bike you begin to notice more issues with the v-twin design. It is just part of the cruiser world. If you want smooth you will need to move away from the cruisers. We loved our cruisers but after moving on we quickly realized how enjoyable riding is without the noise, vibration, poor ergonomics and substandard power of the cruiser design. All riding is good, what you elect to ride depends on how you use your bike.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
BillyBobby is correct. As v-twins go it is as good as any. The PCIII has nothing to do with fuel distribution cylinder to cylinder. Balancing the throttle bodies is a good tho'. Never ever had blurry mirrors on my 1600.

·
Registered
180 Posts
did you ever fix the vibration issue or find out what was causing it? I have the same problem and don't know the reason for it also....Dealer said that this is normal....I don't agree.

I am thinking engine mounts are bad....

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have an 05, have had a vibration since new. It only happens about 3000 rpm makes the mirrors shake but it's no big deal. I have read here on the board that you can loosen the motor mounts a little and start it up and the motor will shift a little and help but have not tried it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.