Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '02 Mean Streak and I'm confused whether it is fuel injected. I thought all Mean Streaks were fuel injected but this one has a knob that has to be pulled for starting which makes me think it's a choke. I never knew of any type of choke to exist on a fuel injected motor. I removed the air cleaner cover and could see two openings with round flaps inside that appear to a carb opening, but I haven't had a chance yet to dig further. I'll be disappointed if it's not FI. Can anyone clue me in? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My Vulcan 1500 is fuel injected, but has a choke. Not needed often, but it sure is nice to have when the weather gets cold.

·
Registered
302 Posts
fuel injection on meanstreak

The Meanstreak model line is all fuel injected. There is no choke, the dealer told me that on fuel injected bikes they have what is called a"fast idle" pull out that looks like a choke on a carberated bike.
Lonestar

·
Registered
741 Posts
lonestar,
you are 100% correct.
since a choke simply shuts off the air in a carb making a richer mixture, no carb= no choke.I find that here in AZ the fast idle is seldom if ever used if the correct idle is set..900-950 RPM.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hardly anyone uses that thing :lol: i've never touched mine :lol:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same here. Never touched mine, even in early mornings. She fires right up! I am in Cali though. Not too cold here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts