Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I was thinking maybe I could get some advice on installing Flrbds or Frwrd Cntrls on my MS. I am wanting to stretch my legs out more than the stock pegs will allow. I was thinking about Jardine, Mapam Forward Controls or just the Cobra Swept Floorboards. Also I am thinking about adding Handlebar Risers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This will be going on a 07 MS SE.

Mel

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Depends on how tall you are Mel. The Jardines will add 6 inch stretch, Mapams 4 inches. MeanGirl loves her floorboards and no one EVER complained about adding risers. Personally, I like the Genmars... keeps the handlebars in line with the fork tubes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am 5'10" . I was thinking 4" would be about right. Do you use floorboards with the Mapams?
Is anyone using the Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs?

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
I am 5'10" . I was thinking 4" would be about right. Do you use floorboards with the Mapams?
Is anyone using the Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That's my setup! Mapams & Switchblades. I scrape a little sooner now, but much more comfortable on the long rides. I'm 5'8" and I couldn't ride it if they were out any further.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
I have the jardines and I love them...

I'm trying to figure out a way to mount the kury switchblades, though, and nothings working thusfar. I got a clevis mount and was able to mount them but they rotate if any weight is applied to the stirrup. Once I get that problem licked Ill be good to go.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I put Dually isopegs and stirrups on my Mapams, no problems. Use the Kury 8802 adapters for the Mapams whichever pegs you change to And I second the Genmar risers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts