Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently purchased an '08 Meanie S.E. and is wondering if there are companies out there that make pipes, air kit and other accessories specific for the blacked out theme on his bike. He was able to get one thing from the Kawi parts bin--a back rest in black chrome. Checked with Barons and Thunder on air kits in black chrome. Nothing. K&N air kit? No way. V&H on pipes? Nope. Have any SE owners out there found accessory sites? Thanks. Bob:confused:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Make friends with the local powdercoater and make sure he knows how to properly prep chrome for powder.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
i feel your pain. i have been dying for black chrome products. kuryakyn makes a black hypercharger for harleys, i called them and there isnt anything for us :( i think isogrips would look pretty sweet in black chrome too.

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys for the suggestions. I'll pass them along to him. He does know a powder coater and I bet he'll ask him some questions too about prepping chrome. A Barons Air Kit would be nice coated shiny black. Guess he could try and open up his stock matte black exhaust as well. He did order the Kawi grips.
Appreciate the links and help very much. Bob

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
A couple of companies make flat black pipes that'll fit the Vulcan frame, but they aren't know for making moderately quiet pipes :wink:

·
Registered
187 Posts
you and me are in the same boat buddy I wish i could fined one pipes are the easyest thing to find but good luck with the rest

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're about ready to modify the stock pipes since the selection of black pipes is next to nothing. But my son is really interested in powder-coating a BAK and is looking into that possibility with his local coater dude. We'll try and sound file the before and after pipe mod as well. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Bob and Nick

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have installed Roadburners and love them. It is the only company I have found that makes black exhaust that will bolt up without modifications. I am looking at getting the Thunder mfg air kit that comes in black as well.

Attachments

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks zdevlin for the pic and recommendation on pipes and air kit as well. The Meanie SE's are one gorgeous machine! I'll forward this on to my son. Bob and Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts