Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, does anybody know what a stock Meanstreak puts out for HP, tourque etc.
I am just wondering what it starts out with and what some mods will do to increase performance. I know it is not a racer, and it should not matter, but I guess it does.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Try this thread "Final Dyno Results w/Addition of Cold Air Intake & TFI", do a thread search on "dyno" if you don't see it. Documents where he started and ended up with a similar setup to ours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I got the 1600 MS Service Manual and on page 1-9 it specifies the following:
Max HP = 74 PS (~73 HP) @5300RPM
Max Torque = 92.2 ft-lb @2800 RPM

The manual did not specifiy where the measurements were taken but I assume it is at the crankshaft rather than at the rear wheel.

I think someone posted the HP and torque at the rear wheel after the intake and exhaust mod along with FI controller addition flynsouth indicated above.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Looking at the FAQ- Btreaves MS has almost those exact numbers at stage 1 with his Meanie. So get an intake, exhaust, and FI control and you'll be looking at roughly the same #'s at the rear wheel.

Phatboy

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, I can't wait to get out and see hoiww much difference the mods make.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Brian-

You must be a young buck looking to do your performance mods first. The older and wiser among us do comfort mods, then performance mods, then maybe add some chrome to boot.

Just don't go crazy with the mods/accessories ;-)

Phatboy

'04 1600 Classic
HK 3" Big Straights
Thunder vertical s&s style intake
Powercommander with custom map
Phatrisers II
F/S Highway bar
Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs
Rifle 22" Classic L Windsheild
F/S lightbar
Utopia backrest
Mustang seat (for sale soon)
mod to stock passenger seat so it worked with both utopia and mustang
baffle mod in progress
piper pad on order

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Phatboy said:
Just don't go crazy with the mods/accessories ;-)

Phatboy

'04 1600 Classic
HK 3" Big Straights
Thunder vertical s&s style intake
Powercommander with custom map
Phatrisers II
F/S Highway bar
Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs
Rifle 22" Classic L Windsheild
F/S lightbar
Utopia backrest
Mustang seat (for sale soon)
mod to stock passenger seat so it worked with both utopia and mustang
baffle mod in progress
piper pad on order
is that like telling your kids not to speed as the cop is walking away after handing you a $300 ticket ?
hehe

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Phatboy
No I am not young. My wife thinks it is a mid life crisis. Turning the five oh in May. The first mod I did was the Mustang Seat. I got a good deal on the bike used and now have dumped what I saved into it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
brian said:
Hi Phatboy
No I am not young. My wife thinks it is a mid life crisis. Turning the five oh in May. The first mod I did was the Mustang Seat. I got a good deal on the bike used and now have dumped what I saved into it.
49 can't be old, I'm 42 and my wife and friends tell everyone I'm the kid in the family. Of course that may have something to do with the great ideas I get to spend money on toys from you guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts