Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, the manual states we use NGk DPR6EA-9 spark plug but NGK themselves recommend DPR8EA-9 because they run cooller, why the difference between klawasaki an NGK. Does anybody use DPR8EA-9 or should I stay with DPR6EA-9.

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
From my experience on my 1600 Classic, the back cylinder could use a hotter plug....by going to the 5 instead of the stock 6 NGK. If you use the 8's, you'll be fouling plugs especially riding around town and slower speeds. I'd stick with the 6 for the front and try the 5 for the rear. The Meanie should be no different than the Classic.

Bob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CXheers Bob, I will give that a go, have you done this on your 08 and did you notice any diference

·
Minimizing the Regrets!
1,684 Posts
No not on the '08 Meanie yet. I only have 2,500 miles on it now and just completed the Big 3 Mods (V&H Bigshot pipes, PCIII and Baron's Air Kit). It's been so cold here lately, I haven't had much time on the bike since. Will be doing some longer riding soon and thought I'd start to check the plugs with more miles on them and the new mods.

I did the same mods to my '03 1600 Classic and ended up running the 5 plug in the rear cylnder however. I'm anticipating maybe having to do the same on the Meanie but just don't know yet.
Bob

·
V 2win
444 Posts
I use autolite 4164, they seem to wrk great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts