Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have searched through the forum and have not been able to find any post on this topic. My wife has decided that the exhaust is a good place to rest her foot while riding and I now have a nice patch of black rubber melted to the exhaust. I have been trying multiple ways that have not even began to remove the spots. Does anyone have any tips/fixes for getting rubber off the exhaust?
Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I saw the Easy Off spray on oven cleaner trick on a thread here a couple of weeks ago. Someone had also suggested WD40. Both suggestions said to try on really hot pipes, and spray the stuff on a clean cloth, not on the pipes. I had some plastic grocery bag junk that got welded on my pipes, so I tried the WD40 first -- no good. The Easy Off worked. It took some serious elbow action but my pipes are clean. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Looks like I will give the Easy Off a try as soon as I can get out again. Been raining an cold here for the past 5 days :(

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
Any suggestions on getti ng the blueing off the exhaust pipes, Have a place approx, six inches long, very notiable, thanks.
This is a completely different matter, because the bluing is caused by heat. Your engine might be running a bit on the lean side, creating extremely hot exhaust. You might want to post this question in the 'mechanics corner' http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-The-Mechanics-Corner or search that thread for information.

·
Lost but making good time
73 Posts
Mr Clean Magic Erasers have been working well for me when cleaning melted stuff off the pipes. I don't like the smell of the Easy Off and the over spray worries me a bit.

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
I've used Soft Scrub before....and it workded fine.....(thats the stuff from your kitchen for cleaning)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I used Mother's metal polish and a terry cloth rag. Took the black melted sole off my chrome pipe.

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
Mr Clean Magic Erasers have been working well for me when cleaning melted stuff off the pipes. I don't like the smell of the Easy Off and the over spray worries me a bit.
That would be on cold pipes ,,,, right?? :) :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I have searched through the forum and have not been able to find any post on this topic. My wife has decided that the exhaust is a good place to rest her foot while riding and I now have a nice patch of black rubber melted to the exhaust. I have been trying multiple ways that have not even began to remove the spots. Does anyone have any tips/fixes for getting rubber off the exhaust?
Thanks
Hello, I have a product that will remove most anything melted on your pipes with little effort and will not scratch or damage the pipes.
If you ever have the need again give it a try.
BritePipes.com

Have a great day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts