Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on a Memphis Shade batwing on my classic. The batwing has a 7 inch windshield and anything above 50 MPH is bouncing my glasses off my face.

Logic tells me a 9 or 12 inch windshield should solve this buffeting issue.
Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how you fixed it. Thanks for any info.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
It is probably because the current windshield height is directing the airflow right to your eyes instead of over your head. A higher shield will help. Also lowers may help as well.

I'm waiting for my Tuskayu fairing to arrive so unfortunately I don't have much experience with what will and what won't help. I have a MS Speed demon sport shield on my 1600 now and I had issues with my HJC half helmets, but not my Advance Carbon composite helmet. I believe it was because the air was getting deflected right under the visor on the HJC helmets causing painful head bobbing.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well how about that. I sort of wondering the windshiled heighth question myself. I actually am looking at a fairing from Reckless Motorcycles it has provisions for a radio and 4 speakers for about $299. Currently I have a Memphis Shades fats and love the amount of wind it knocks down. I certainly dont want something that is going to bounce my head all around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts