Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a Memphis Shades Fats shield to my 97 1500 Classic. I have the Fire ans Steel lightbar and it is a very tight fit. I bought the Memphis because my original was too short and I like the ease of removal(or so I thought) of the windshield. But I have to take oof the top mount button to even get it in. As you see in the picture, the shield is pressing against the driving lights. Anyone else have this problem and did you find a way to make it easier to remove?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just added a Memphis Shades Fats shield to my 97 1500 Classic. I have the Fire ans Steel lightbar and it is a very tight fit. I bought the Memphis because my original was too short and I like the ease of removal(or so I thought) of the windshield. But I have to take oof the top mount button to even get it in. As you see in the picture, the shield is pressing against the driving lights. Anyone else have this problem and did you find a way to make it easier to remove?

Oh no, I ordered a Memphis Fat 17 w/QuickChange mount and it should be here by monday, I have a 1998 1500 classic and the same lightbar. I hope it works out, I will be watching this post.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't know if you can see it in my pic but I got a friend with a fine tooth jigsaw and he cut out a little around where the lights are. If you look at the kawasaki shield it list 2 for the 1500. One without lights and one with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts