Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I think one way to improve would be to have a male forum, i know it's been brought up in the past, but if we can't give an intelligent answer to a intelligent question even though it's posted in the woman's forum, without getting stomped on then I say create a men's forum and turn this website into the real world...

I can't believe this,
First we don't pay enough attention/respect
Now, we can't give them any
Better the first time

·
Registered
380 Posts
LOL... the entire rest of the forum is a "male forum"

I feel your suggestion is redundant... but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah aikata, and yet you are posting next to mine...that's an issue with me...it's not really, but from now on I'll stay off the women's forum just to appease others, so if you have an emergency question make sure to post it in a couple of places

·
Registered
99 Posts
I kinda have to agree with aikata on this one. The whole forum is pretty much a guys forum. I've even stuck my nose into the womens forum a couple of times just to see what was going on in there cuase the curiosity was killin me! :wink: I guess I need to go stick my nose in there again and see why you got stomped on.. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I first joined this forum I saw that there was a Womens Room. Didn't quite understand why. I just thought it for listings on awesome sales at Dillards this weekend or something like that, lol. Guess i'll have to pop in and see. :oops:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Stuart said:
Well,
I think one way to improve would be to have a male forum, i know it's been brought up in the past, but if we can't give an intelligent answer to a intelligent question even though it's posted in the woman's forum, without getting stomped on then I say create a men's forum and turn this website into the real world...

I can't believe this,
First we don't pay enough attention/respect
Now, we can't give them any
Better the first time
With all the problems in the world such as national security, illegal immigration, etc, I'm sure this would rank right up there with them :roll:
Some of us have way too much time on our hands.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hiker said:
When I first joined this forum I saw that there was a Womens Room. Didn't quite understand why. I just thought it for listings on awesome sales at Dillards this weekend or something like that, lol. Guess i'll have to pop in and see. :oops:
That was funny!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Take a peak Hiker.....and check out the Sticky's in the ladies forum....maybe this will give you a better idea of why the ladies forum was created.
As far as Stuart's comment to start a mens forum.......this is a "mens" dominating forum and there is nothing wrong with that, like I have said before, I have learned a great deal about bikes etc from most of the "men" on here as well as met some new "men" friends. Again, the ladies forum was created to give the girls a place to go to discuss things about riding, bikes, gear etc, at a "girls" perspective, if you are offended or not interested in what we have to say, then please don't enter the ladies forum, if you do want to respond to our threads/posts, then all I (any of the moderators) ask of you is to be respectful and use clean verbage (that goes with both men and ladies on any forum for that matter.)
OK, I have said my peace. :wink:

Now get out there and ride safely!!!! :D

Kelly aka NinjaGirl

·
Registered
77 Posts
hot_shoe_cv said:
With all the problems in the world such as national security, illegal immigration, etc, I'm sure this would rank right up there with them :roll:
Some of us have way too much time on our hands.
Now that's sarcasm that I really enjoy! Thanks! In the Ladies Only forum, it's a place where us female riders can share stories, tips, and etc. in an atmosphere where we can feel less inhibited. Remember, motorcycling is a male dominated sport. Stuart does it really bother you, that us women would like a little "girl time" get together. How would you like it if you were around a bunch a women all the time, and when you did get a chance to kick it with the guys, the women ran over there to stick there noses into the pot?

I am really glad that most of the guys here have the attitude of "leave the girls alone" in the Ladies Forum. You guy's rock!

Miki

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey Guys,

The ladies only corner is growing at a nice pace and at this point IMHO it's time to be evicted. Stop by and visit if you wish, but if you want to respond send a PM or just post up in Off topic.

The ladies just want an area not testosterone driven and feel open to posting their thoughts without the male hoopla we bring..

If they want our opinion they can post open question to male/female which will open the dialogue, but if not GET OUT and give them their space...that includes me too!

·
Registered
117 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm glad I used Dillards and not KMart. :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Stuart said:
oh yeah aikata, and yet you are posting next to mine...that's an issue with me...it's not really, but from now on I'll stay off the women's forum just to appease others, so if you have an emergency question make sure to post it in a couple of places
Ummm... does that mean you're insinuating that I'm female?

Hmmm... ok.

I read on the board "Ladies Only" Thus I assumed that I am not to post there. I read the articles yes, because this is a freely accessable board. But really... I honestly laughed when I first read your post because I was half thinking you were joking...

Oh well... carry on.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I say "Ladies Only"...

I say Ladies Only would leave out some of the Women, girls, and those that do not qualify to be Ladies...with that in mind..it IS discriminatory in nature. I should suggest that the True Native Americans, true First generation African-Americans, and all of the different Countries on this FORUM have their own Areas assigned for their purposes. The Irish, Brits, Ausies, Malasians...Hey, it's Bull crap...illegal and Stuart has a right to post in ANY area of the forum...IF you don't like what someone said then ignore it...gees,as the Rants&Raves Specailist I'd be mising my responsability not to inform ya'll, even all of ya'll, not to just ignore some remarks instead of just jumping blindly on someone or some discussion...Sure, I too have had my male parts stepped on...not just my ego...and was forewarned, and even warned by our administrator to chill, or go-away. This Forum is supposed to be fun for all and informative...that doesn't mean that our brothers, sisters, cousins and such won't get their feathers ruffled, native indian, boa, what-ever feather you happen to wear... I suppose the Fourm could be broken down in to states, republics, north-south, even by types of bikes and destroy everything that we have...putting wedges/splinters in place...My personal opinion is just that...personal. eading between the lines is something everyone thinks that they can do, when sometimes we all say something that could be considered rude, vulgar, or insinuating...sometimes in the "heat" of things we react, defend and make matters worse. Chill out leave the coments alone and just dont read the topic if you see that the Author is someone like me...ZX-2R...am I ofended if you don't read me...How the hell would I know if you never read any of my postings? Sometimes I have Hot Flashes of Brillance, even if I can't spell my words and get them all jumbled up...sometimes I'm way off base...WE'RE all HUMAN...NOBODY is perfect...I know Kawi, joey, Uncle Bob, bikeaholic, Freakinout, Ninjagirl...all want things to go perfect...in reality I kinda like the mix-ups...it makes for great reading, and even understanding people better... That's my nickles worth...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Okay ENOUGH!!!

The ladies forum is for females. It has been requested to everyone that only the females post in there. Please respect this. The entire forum is for everyone to use. If you are curious then read the women's forums, but please try and not post in there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hiker said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm glad I used Dillards and not KMart. :shock: :shock: :shock:
In the Seattle area, I think there's only 1 Kmart left. I think we're going to see the demise of Kmart.

Miki

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Plenty of Walmarts and Targets I am sure....

Actually I went to a Fred Meyers store while I was in Alaska and thought that the store made Target, Walmart and K-mart look like junk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1Adam12 said:
Plenty of Walmarts and Targets I am sure....

Actually I went to a Fred Meyers store while I was in Alaska and thought that the store made Target, Walmart and K-mart look like junk.
OMG! I couldn't agree more! I never shop at Walmart, Kmart or Target. I do most of that type of shopping at Fred Meyers. That company is based in Oregon, and there's a lot of them up here in Seattle.

Miki

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I wish someone would tell Fred Meyers to get their act together and bring the stores to Southern California. I think they would be a hit. Do all of your shopping at one time.....

Get your food groceries, linens and my favorite sections guns and auto!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, what I really like about Fred Meyers, is yeah, it is nice to one stop shop, but even better is that they carry higher quality merchandise as opposed to Walmart, Kmart, etc.

Plus they've got a great seafood counter - and I loves me a Copper River Salmon (grilled, of course). Oh - and a great sushi counter also.

Miki

·
Registered
117 Posts
We had Freedie Meyers here for about a year. Made a big deal that a NEW guy is in town. The new lasted ONE year and adios. I don't mind Target, I like them cause they really support the college folks and pay a half way decent wage even for part timers. Work there for 20+hrs a week and you have health care benie's.
As for Wallie Mart.. They can all burn down for I care. Worst example of how big business exploits there workers in this country. How many times have you seen happy workers in the stores as they show on TV... I haven't been in one in over 4 years and don't plan on visiting one in another 25. It's the only major dept store in the country that has a 'SUCKS" website... That should tell ya something about them....
Our replacement for Fred Meyers is Fry's MarketPlace. Nice place...

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I lived in AZ I used to shop at Frys quite a bit. And occasionally at ABCO.

But you're right WALMART sucks! My oldest daughter used to work as a Pharmacy Tech there. They were so horrible! EVERY single paycheck, they would short her on her hours. I could see it happening every once in a while - but every week?

Walmart is the pinnacle of big business tyranny.

Miki

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.