Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to me. Just got it today. Hubby rode it back from Atlanta, he is the best!! Almost froze his toes off. 50 degrees is just a little bit colder going 80mph, especially when it's overcast.

Anyway, here she is, my new 650. I love the color. It also has the black wheels from the '07 red 650. Hubby loved it a lot too. I just rode it a little in the cul-de-sac because it was dark out and all the crazy people are out on the road shopping so I'll take it for a proper spin tomorrow.

You will also note that we stopped at the BMW-Ducati Dealer on the way up so that is where the bike is parked in the picture.

My blue leather jacket goes great with the bike:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, we went 2-up when we got home and it was really comfortable! I thought it might be a little underpowered with the two of us but it wasn't. It is a really nice bike! I think my hubby is going to steal it from me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
you will not have a pokey-lip on Xmas morning...you'll still be smiling

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Congrats Wendy,
And Merry Christmas. I got my bike for christmas last year. Been smiling ever since.
That had to be a tough ride home. So warm his feet.

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
What a lovely bloke. You've got a keeper there Wendy.

Bike looks great too. Have fun.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Very cool. I love that color.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Beautiful bike, Wendy. Congratulations! You look great on it.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Merry Christmas Wendy!!! The 650 is just such a hot bike, especially in blue.
I got my bike as at xmas last year and she's given miles of smiles.

Was this a surprise from the hubby? If so, you've got alot of work to do to make even! :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Merry Christmas Wendy!!! The 650 is just such a hot bike, especially in blue.
I got my bike as at xmas last year and she's given miles of smiles.

Was this a surprise from the hubby? If so, you've got alot of work to do to make even! :twisted: :lol:
No I went with him to get it. He did ride it back in the cold (and a brief rain) and he was so cold at one point he was shivering. I felt so bad. So I definitely have to make it up to him. He now has brownie points for when he wants to get his bike. He keeps changing his mind about what he wants and he is paying a lot more attention to the Kawasakis now.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow!
just curious me. how much is the OTD price for this bike?
oh by the way, you look good on it.
We bought it from a guy on the ninja650.com forum. It was $5k and included black wheels from the Red '07, PC Commander III USB and the installed Two Brothers Slip-On M-2 Aluminum Canister. He also gave me the original exhaust can. It was his wife's bike, they were really cool people. We hung out with them for quite a while before I bought the bike.

It also has the sub-throttle plates removed. I'm not 100% sure what that does for me but I'm sure I could get someone to tell me ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts