Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was your bike naughty or nice?

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
My bike was Nice....I got a Slipstream Spirit windshield
Looks really good and works perfectly!!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
488 Posts
Santa is bringing an 05 Nomad when it arrives on the ship from the north pole. It will be sporting an additional light bar and saddlebag liners. I just wish Santa's sleigh would hurry up. this is killing me.

DJ

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
We're waiting until tomorrow to do packages with my daughter (she's with her mom for Christmas day this year) so I don't know yet. I'm not expecting anything because technically, my Xmas was a 1980 Shovelhead that I've been wanting since I was 10!

I got some jewelery for my girlfriend's Aero 750 though... can't tell ya what <whispering> it's still a secret. :)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Slicks,

After Christmas you will have to post a photo of your girl friends bike with all the new stuff on it.

Heather

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
My secret Santa from another forum I'm on sent me a Vulcan t-shirt and two Vulcan keyrings. Nice.

I bought a bunch of stuff for my bike last month, though, so I told hubby not to buy me any presents. He didn't. :)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Santa dropped off a set of Craftsman metric wratchet box end wrences and wratchet box end with regular open end wrenches and a Craftsman motorcycle jack. I also got a set of brake/clutch lever tassles too.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Unrelated to bike goodies....Santa left me an Alpine Archery VX Stealth Force 70# compound bow fully dressed with Cobra fiber optic sight...Thropy Taker Trap Door rest...wrist sling...balance shock absorber...peep sight...and string whiskers.

Even though I have a cold and have been in bed most all day I had to shoot it in the garage and all I can say is....VERY NICE SANTA....THANK YOU!!!!!!! :):):)

·
Registered
283 Posts
spok said:
Santa dropped off a set of Craftsman metric wratchet box end wrences and wratchet box end with regular open end wrenches and a Craftsman motorcycle jack. I also got a set of brake/clutch lever tassles too.
Let me know how you make out with the jack. I have one but I have to run the bike up on blocks to get the jack under. Then I have to shim the pads as the oil pan is lower than the frame rails.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spok,
Be careful with the Craftsman jack. I purchased one recently and the first time I used it was to winterize my Mean Streak. I had the bike on the jack just barely off the floor and was walking across the garage to get the stabilizing straps. I heard a noise behind me, the jack had apparently lost pressure, and the bike went down on the jack handle.

I now have a dented gas tank, gouged air cleaner cover, and numerous dents on both exhaust pipes on a 2100 mile bike.

I still haven't heard from my insurance company whether or not they are gong to cover the damages---

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I have a motorcycle jack that I bought at Schucks Auto and have used it several times now with no problems. I always double check to make sure I have closed the valve and watch it for a few minutes right after I jack the bike up. While it didn't come with tie down straps (already have some)....you can use them to help keep the bike stable and possibly from tipping over in the event the jack loses pressure.

Rider....sorry to hear about your experience. I'd be interested to hear what your insurance company decides.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I too have heard bad stories realted to the craftsman jack, I have to commend Mrs. Santa for at least trying to buy for my bike as it isn't her favorite toy in my closet, if you catch my drift. I'll let you all know how it goes. I had read an earlier post on the jack about the bikes resting the motor on the jack itself, i've not even opened the box yet to take a look. Thanks again

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Hey Rider, that's awful luck man. I have that jack and didn't consider air pressure loss an issue but you may have prevented the same from happening to me as I'll be more careful in the future. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
12 Posts
well mine recieved a f & s light bar, as well as a set of the pro one grips, also my wonderful fiance got me a gift card to a local shop, so I think that it is going to get a pro hyper chager or a thunder kit. she also got me a year subscription to road bike

now all i need is the new wheels and tires

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a moto/ATV jack from Schuck's also. I believe the brand name is Team Mechanix. Have had no problems with it. It does take some cribbing below the frame rails though because the flat rests (which double for the ATV) contact the oil pan before the frame. Figured that was normal and some 1x4x3" (or 2x4) blocks work fine once they're lined up correctly.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
rider,
i have not had any problems yet with my craftsman jack, but thanks for the heads up. sorry you had to learn the hard way.

my bike was pretty good this year. santa took all of the body parts off it and they will be dropped of at the body guy's house this week or next. i am sure i will be spending the winter buying stuff, since i won't be riding !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Got a really nice riding jacket and going to use some of the cash I got for some saddlebags, also a old freind of mine sent me a Guardian Bell for my bike.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Today I got my Engine guard Chaps From Gator! They look great,

can't wait to try em
Santa was a bit late getting here!

Dave

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hey Grunt:

My motorcycle jack from Northern Tool will fit under my 2001 Vulcan Classic FI IF I first level the bike using my wood block leveler (from Gadget's suggestion box'o'stuff). I do have to put a shim I made from stock under the frame rails due to the oil pan issue, but it's no big deal.

T-man

1 - 20 of 22 Posts