Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problema: '92 zx750

The idle is ridiculously high! I tried to tune the idler thing but it's not really working quite well.... you see, often times when i change gears and pull in the clutch, the revs shoot up around 5rpms...

I'm confident i did a pretty poor job describing the situation... any thoughts?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got a couple guesses: Carbs out-of-sync, there may be a vacuum leak, or maybe the throttle is hanging up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if the rev's shoot up everytime you pull your clutch in your throttle is probably stuck...check the throttle lines for kinks or something...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The carbs prob need to be rebuilt as it sat run-less for 2 years... that may be it. I'll check the throttle line for any such kinks... Thanks all!

By the way, how much should labor cost on a carb rebuild?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
slk23022 said:
The carbs prob need to be rebuilt as it sat run-less for 2 years... that may be it. I'll check the throttle line for any such kinks... Thanks all!

By the way, how much should labor cost on a carb rebuild?
ah ya that would be a good idea. could be lots of things if its sat that long. as for price, gonna be 2-5hrs @ the shop rate (50-90$hr) :shock:

·
Registered
48 Posts
What he posted was about right, was just saying it costs too much to get someone else to do the work for you...but you are paying for it to be done right :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts