Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it was a COP !!!!!
here in phoenix we have 4 LANES on the highways and the far left is the HOV lane (carpool,trucks and MOTORCYCLES) so when i enter the highway i go STRAIGHT TO THE HOV LANE. so i come out onto the highway, use my blinker all the way across to the third lane,looking over my shoulder before EVERY lane change and then accelerate HARD into the HOV lane up to traffic speed. so im riding along behind a guy in a little car doing about 65-80mph about a car length behind him. no biggie its how i do it everyday. so i see this single light about a 1/4 mile behind me, think to myself, might be a cop, dont know for sure. so anyways i see the light getting closer and closer, sure enough its a BIKE COP. so i watch him catch up to me. no biggie right.....................................until i see his front tire beside me and then im looking right at the ****** in the lane beside me keeping pace with me so i look over and he starts talking to me about "going too fast,dont pass on the left (between the wall and car in front of me) or he would take me too jail. so i yelled back "i dont ride that way" and he said "hes been watching me ride and i rode up onto the guy infront of me awful quick" i yelled back the its called "traffic avoidance to stay away from all the other fuckers on the road" he yells back "he understands and hes just warning me" this went on for about a 1/2-3/4 mile and we dropped down to about 40mph while doing this. so off he goes, i just kept pace with him till he pulled someone over in another lane for some reason.
im really glad that he didnt bust my chops/give me a ticket but WTF dont ride beside people on the highway that you dont know. its completely wrong in my mind cause if i had to do evasive manuvers hes in my way. wasnt like he could have done anything anyways since he didnt radar me or see me do anything illegal. (i use my blinkers and do the speed of traffic around me)
i just laughed in my helmet thinking to myself, "i wish he could ride with me for a day, then he would understand my riding habits and know why i do the things i do when in traffic" im no squid and i use my head while riding (been riding for over 28yrs now)
thats my story and im sticking too it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yeah I hear ya man. This is kinda on the same subject of the bad cops thing...

Anyway. I was riding around town with 4 other guys. 2 on sport bikes (I was on my 9r) and 2 other guys on harleys. The 2 other guys on the sport bikes thing they are big stuff and race off from the gas station we just pulled into for a break. There happened to be a cop that was waiting for these 2 idiots to do this because they ALWAYS do. I'm a little bit behind them mostly staying with the harleys. The cop screams out of a side street his back tires sliding around the corner and about nails me from the side. No lights untill he is around the corner.

He pulls them over and gives them a slap on the hand. We continue without them as they are getting talked to by the cop. At one of the stop lights one of the harley guys tells me just how close the cop was to me. I guess it really didn't register that I just about became a grease spot under his cruiser.

·
Registered
605 Posts
QKEN,
Unfortunately even if everyone is doing the same speed an officer has disgression as to whom if anyone he pulls over, typically they won't but, just always be aware that they can :( Most officers don't ticket below 10 and most officers are decided about giving a ticket before they even talk to you, so if they are undecided a little respect goes a looong way.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If they fail the attitude test they get an automatic ticket.....

Pays to be polite!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean I was cited two tickets in one week for "failing to yeild". My ninja was in first gear with the speedo at 0. But I didn't put my feet down when I stopped. Here's a tip to everyone. Always stop and put your feet down around cops for at least 3 seconds.

·
Registered
105 Posts
isn't that 3 seconds taken off your riding everytime you come to a stop sign.... that sucks :x

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well you can either lose 3 seconds, or around $120 for each offense plus what ever my insurance is going to go up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts