Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Young StaLLioN
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...
I just went to Birmingham and drove my '85 ZN1100 B2 back to Mobile... I am in the process of buying new tires and am looking at the Metzeler Me 880's... I do want life, however, I think I would be more comfortable with "stickiness"... I have found found myself deliberating much between tires for which I know nothing. I ordered a free bike catalog from a site on tires, but it is taking way too long. Anyways, the stump I have come across is a simple abbreviation: FRONT 110 90'H'-18
There is also a 90'V' that I do not know the distinguishing characterisitics. Any help would be great... Also, if this helps, there are a few more that correlate to other tires: VB, HB, B, and a couple more... Thanks, and any advice on a little more sticky tire would be great... ~~Happy Curves~~
ZNZoomiN.... Michael 8)

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
Dang!

Finally a question I knew the answer to, got here before Rich answered it, then you chime in beagle :frown:

Good link. Like you said almost too much info. But the rim info was interesting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all...
I just went to Birmingham and drove my '85 ZN1100 B2 back to Mobile... I am in the process of buying new tires and am looking at the Metzeler Me 880's... I do want life, however, I think I would be more comfortable with "stickiness"... I have found found myself deliberating much between tires for which I know nothing. I ordered a free bike catalog from a site on tires, but it is taking way too long. Anyways, the stump I have come across is a simple abbreviation: FRONT 110 90'H'-18
There is also a 90'V' that I do not know the distinguishing characterisitics. Any help would be great... Also, if this helps, there are a few more that correlate to other tires: VB, HB, B, and a couple more... Thanks, and any advice on a little more sticky tire would be great... ~~Happy Curves~~
ZNZoomiN.... Michael 8)
I realize this is 7 years old, but I wanted to add to what V2K_CCTX said. It is the speed rating, which means also the softness of the tire. A higher speed tire is softer so it will grip the road better. So they will wear faster. But they will grip the road really well. It is the same reason that NASCAR drivers have soft tires. The soft tires allow them to grip the road better at high speeds. So if you aren't going to be driving 145 mph with your bike, it is better to by the H so they wont wear out as fast. But if you have a bullit bike and go that fast even rarely you should get the V rated tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize THAT I`M MAKING A LONG STORY LONGER, BUT IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ THE CODE ON THE TIRE AMONGST ALL THE OTHER BULLSHIT,YOU CAN TELL THE YEAR, THE MONTH & THE WEEK THE TIRE WAS MADE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts