Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I put my 880s on at 13,000 miles. I'm nearing 30,000 miles now with good treadwear remaining.

·
Logged A Few Miles
113 Posts
I bought my 1500 new in April 03. Wore out the Bridgestones at 12,000.
I have about the same now on the 880's and they still show plenty of life.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I almost have 15k on my Dunlop 404's (rear). I'm happy with the miles that I have and I'll have to find out how Metzelers will perform this time.

·
2001 Vulcan 800 \m/
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're getting 12k on your Dunlops? I would only get about 7-8k on my 800 with Dunlop Cruisemax!
The Dunlops were on the bike when I bought it (4,400). I got the Metz at 12k. I probably should have gotten new tires sooner...but $$.

I really like the feel of the Metz. I went up to a 150 on the rear too. It's just a nice tire all around.

·
Road Pirate
451 Posts
Have had the 880's on my 05-1600 for 3K now. They are a vast improvement over the OEM Bridgestones. We have rain grooves in the road out here in NorCal. Any tire that has a center groove in it or will simulate a center groove at speed, will track a road goove or lane production break to some degree. Met's tread pattern is off-set enough to pass over these grooves at an angle. Thus, you don't get that wooble.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
i love my ME880's. i put them on every bike. past, present and future. they seem to last so much longer and rider a heck of alot better. i need a new tire on the rear of my 1600. not sure what is on there now i will look and see. i want it to last me for the winter. i will ride most of the winter so i will probably have to get a new one before it is over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts