Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy was already my all-time hero, but after watching footage of him knee-dragging the Ducati MotoGP bike around Valencia, I have no words to describe the greatness of this man!!!

Schumi knee-dragging

I hope that footage shows him knee-dragging as I can't see it myself (youtube don't work for me for some reason), I saw it on tv.

They were also saying on the tv program I saw that the guy set some incredibly fast lap-times considering he is a total newcomer to track-racing bikes... the guy was only 4 odd seconds off the fastest guys there!!!

All hail the King :biggrin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Video was very choppy for me so I only got a lil glimpse of it. As a newbe let me just say woooh. I don't have the balls to lean my bike that much. Only time my bike will lean that far is when I drop it in a parking lot!

In due time - takin it easy and learning slow

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If we could only get Fernando Alanso to do the same thing. Then we could have a major battle of the super talents
Comparing Schumi and Alonso is like comparing a king to a slave :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
hey now, Alonso is my hero. He slayed the great shumi not once, but twice in a lesser machine. And he was very young to boot.

·
Registered
619 Posts
hey now, Alonso is my hero. He slayed the great shumi not once, but twice in a lesser machine. And he was very young to boot.
Nope. The first time he won Schumacher drove the F2005 for half the season. Alonso had a better car. Last year he was just lucky. If you watched the last race in 2007 Brazilian GP Schumacher started 10th on the grid and then going all the way back to 20th with a punctured tire and coming back to the 4th place. Now that's driving. His records will be broken, but Schumacher will always be the champion of champions. Alonso is just another sore loser!!!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Schumy is a god among men. No one, and I mean no one can or will ever be able drive in the rain like he can.

My friends just came back from the ROK Karting World Cup in Italy, and Schummacher made an appearance there as well.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Schumy is a god among men. No one, and I mean no one can or will ever be able drive in the rain like he can...
What? Don't you remember Ayerton Seinna? He wasn't known as "the rain man" for nothing!!!!

Schumacher will definately go down in history as one of the all time great "pilots". I doubt there is much, if any, type of vehicle he couldn't perform well in/on given some seet time. Guys like him only come along once every generation or so in motorsports.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hey, I'm not saying I don't think Alonso is a great driver - he is.

I would have something to argue about him being in an inferior car - or better, since we're talking about F1, "car/tyre package :biggrin: - I don't think that is the case but rather the opposite... let's remember that in Hungary 2005 Alonso LAPPED Schumacher in Hungary... and that don't happen because of driver skill at the level those guys are at! Let's also not forget that last year Schumacher would have won the Championship had his engine not blown out in Suzuka.

ANYWAYS... yes I am a little biased :biggrin:

And I still think Schumi is the greatest :biggrin: I think Alonso still has a lot to prove if he even wants to be considered at a similar level to Schumacher... and the way things are going, it doesn't seem he is going to manage that feat!

F1 talk aside though, I still think seeing that guy dragging knees and posting crazy lap times is sick... it is not at all usual for someone with experience on 4 wheels to be fast on 2 (the opposite instead is often true)... the guy was lapping only 4 seconds slower than Casey Stoner's best lap time in the race!!!

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
This guy was already my all-time hero, but after watching footage of him knee-dragging the Ducati MotoGP bike around Valencia, I have no words to describe the greatness of this man!!!

Schumi knee-dragging

I hope that footage shows him knee-dragging as I can't see it myself (youtube don't work for me for some reason), I saw it on tv.

They were also saying on the tv program I saw that the guy set some incredibly fast lap-times considering he is a total newcomer to track-racing bikes... the guy was only 4 odd seconds off the fastest guys there!!!

All hail the King :biggrin:
Yep it shows it! Here you go...

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
Video was very choppy for me so I only got a lil glimpse of it. As a newbe let me just say woooh. I don't have the balls to lean my bike that much. Only time my bike will lean that far is when I drop it in a parking lot!

In due time - takin it easy and learning slow
Just let it play through once to cache it on your computer, then replay it, it will play smoothly.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep it shows it! Here you go...
Thanks!!!

BTW if anyone thinks they can help me get youtube to work for me, please pm me.

Basically I get an error message saying "you either have Javascript turned off or you don't have the latest version of Flashplayer installed".

I went into my internet options and enabled Java, I installed the latest version of Flashplayer... I even restarted my pc... twice!!! Alas to no avail :cry:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
What? Don't you remember Ayerton Seinna? He wasn't known as "the rain man" for nothing!!!!

Schumacher will definately go down in history as one of the all time great "pilots". I doubt there is much, if any, type of vehicle he couldn't perform well in/on given some seet time. Guys like him only come along once every generation or so in motorsports.
Senna was good, and may have been great if he wasn't taken from us..........but my heart, soul, and family pride belong with Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Shumi didn't drive in 2007. That is now kimi's spot. Ayrton senna was my favorite of all time, don't count out ol mansel or even fangio. Hell, Mario andretti and emerson fittapalti may have won just as many, have they stayed at it. They chose to pursue the races at 16th and georgetown (15 min/ from me lol)
Give Alonso time and he will show the world what kind of talent he has. He is only 25 years old.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Shumi wasn't the only one the blow engines either. Alonso blew an engine at Monza is 06, and thats late in the season. He won because he won the first 6 races. Not only that, he didn't have Phil Masa or Barichello playing backup for him. I still think Shumis best days were at benetton, not ferrari.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts