Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have only been riding since about July of 2007. I have a 2000 Ninja 250. I really like the 250, it does what I need it to do, but will probably be in the market for a newer 600-650 bike in 2009.

Anyway, Glad I found this place and hope to meet some local riders to ride with this year.

I've attached some images of my bike. Since the pics where taking I got the bottom fariing painted to match the bike without the purple and installed it and got flush mounted color match front turn signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Welcome aboard Danase! That red pops :) You'll find many 250 owners here (check out the 250 thread under the Sportbike Forum, too!).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard Danase! That red pops :) You'll find many 250 owners here (check out the 250 thread under the Sportbike Forum, too!).
Thanks!

I own a line of detailing supplies so the paint on the bike always has to pop. LOL

Thanks! I didn't even see that!

Bob

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Danase, Where in Michigan are you from? Gotta love this rotten weather we're having! Welcome. Steve/Macomb scrc
Thanks!

I am from Wyandotte....for those of you that don't know where that it is it's south of Detroit on the river.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Welcome. Several people on the board from your area, and a couple from the Ann Arbor area also.

·
Gear Head
434 Posts
Yes yes, welcome indeed. I'm always glad to see a new rider whom is enthusiastic about the obsession/joy/addiction called motorcycles.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If I may ask, what kind of bikes are you looking to upgrade to?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum! If I may ask, what kind of bikes are you looking to upgrade to?

Thanks!

LMAO I really hate to say this on these forums and all....but a Suzuki GSX 600 or an SV650. Now, before you all kill me here is my reason...

I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Novi, MI 2 weekends ago. I went in excited to see and sit on the new Yamahas and Kawasakis but after getting there and sitting on 200 bikes the Suzukis fit me the best. I am short and I can't flat foot on the Kawasakis or Yamahas but can on the Suzukis and Honda CBRs. The only Kawasaki I felt comfortable on was the new 250. LOL

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SV650's are great.
A buddy of mine has one and he loves it. I am leaning toward the GSX but to be honest I am more of a back roads take it easy and enjoy the scenry type of rider so I am not sure how comfy the GSX will be for me.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I prefer the twins, even on sport bikes, so of course, I'll recommend that to you. For reference, when I got my 650, it was just a bit lower and softer on the suspension from a brand new one (and that was only with 427 miles on it), so you might take that into consideration and keep with the "green" line. You should also talk with a few ladies here on the forum. Ninja_Wendy just bought a 650R and it fits her well.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Gear Head
434 Posts
Thanks!

LMAO I really hate to say this on these forums and all....but a Suzuki GSX 600 or an SV650. Now, before you all kill me here is my reason...

I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Novi, MI 2 weekends ago. I went in excited to see and sit on the new Yamahas and Kawasakis but after getting there and sitting on 200 bikes the Suzukis fit me the best. I am short and I can't flat foot on the Kawasakis or Yamahas but can on the Suzukis and Honda CBRs. The only Kawasaki I felt comfortable on was the new 250. LOL
You could always drop the suspension a bit on a Kawi or Yammie to fit you better. I ride an R6, and the stock height was actually a bit too short for my taste...so I went the other way with it, and raised the bike an inch and a half.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome!! Fine lookin scoot ya got there!

Don't worry bout a zuk! Peeps here are cool! Gotta go with what fits mate! I'd love to try a connie but I haven't found where ya haul the friggin step-ladder!! :shock:

Ride safe!:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts