Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay it's a 94' Ninja ZX600 I know it's a 94 but it might be the 7. I could steal that one for 1100 or a 98 cbr 600 f3 for 2000. Anyways, let me know the bad and the good about the ninja, comfortable for 6'4"? adjustable? known problems?

Stew

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
personally i would prob. go after the F3 myself. i used to own an F2 that i used for a trackday biatch and it was AWESOME. the F3 is just better all around.
nothing wrong with the zx6 though. just your choice since its your money. :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you've got some extra cash to throw out there - go with the Honda. Great balanced bike, lots of motor, can soup it up with HRC parts if needed be.

At 6-4 you are not going to find a lot of sportbikes that love your size. Keep in mind the factory believes everyone is like 5-8 - 6-0 and weighs 150 pounds. Can't say much about your fit on the bike - see if you can either ride them or at least sit on them for a while.

As Qk has already said - nothing wrong with getting the Ninja.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Is this a "KAWI" forum???? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
hahahahah....lol....hahahahah... :lol:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Is this a "KAWI" forum???? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
It might be a Kawi Forum, but I'll never tell a lie!

Ok Stu - forget everything and go with the Kawi 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Stew. got a '93 ZX600E, great bike & comfortable over distance ( I'm 5'10" ) the main things to look out for on this model & year of bike are:
Exhaust front pipe assy (assuming it's still on the factory system) they rot out where the 4 header's are welded together & it's a pig of a job to repair, I've just spent 3 evenings cutting & re-welding mine, it's not pretty but it's cheaper than the £501.50 & tax Kawasaki ask for a replacement!! also check the front brake disc rotors with a micrometer to make sure they've not worn beyond the minimum service thickness, ( I think Kawasaki state 3.5mm) it's a common thing on these bikes and not easy to spot at a glance, again it can become expensive quickly, cost of non genuine pattern replacements is around £120.00 & tax per side over here!!
I think the Kawasaki is a better package than the CBR ( I've had both) you get twin trips and a fuel guage and the tail-end is nicer with twin silencers and faired-in rear flashers....just my opinion. :)
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts