Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry no pics, but I can give a really good description: under the float bowl, opposite of the float is a a round plug that seems to be pressed in on 3 of my carbs. The 4th fell out when I pulled the bowls, and won't seat in, but the bowl holds it in when installed.

Looked on the Kawasaki.com parts diagram but did not see what I was looking for.

Is it a problem and how should I fix it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture I found that kind of describes it: the spray tube goes from right to left: main jet, pilot jet, then down where the bowl gasket sits, right under the tube is the round part that I am talking about:

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you are talking about the left side right under the red tube, then it looks like a plug that can be taken out to access passageways in the carb. It should wedge in the hole. You can put it back and stake each side with a punch so it won't fall out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ELR: Right to left. Meaning further right would be the needle and seat assembly. Silly guy. That would be an issue if that fell out when I took the bowl off, that is true!

SBC1320: Kind of what I thought, nice idea on the stake idea. Funny thing though, I can't get the others to come out! Does give some wicked access to cleaning stuff out, that is why I tried (lightly) to pull the others out.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry no pics, but I can give a really good description: under the float bowl, opposite of the float is a a round plug that seems to be pressed in on 3 of my carbs. The 4th fell out when I pulled the bowls, and won't seat in, but the bowl holds it in when installed.

Looked on the Kawasaki.com parts diagram but did not see what I was looking for.

Is it a problem and how should I fix it?

Thanks!
Those are plugs that cover the pilot jets. If removed your bike Will run rich.. .BS34s have plugs in the pilot well as gas is drawn into the pilot jet from the main jet well via a small hole about 1/8" down in the well. The pilot well has to be capped or it will run real rich. You can tell if the well needs capped by removing the main jet holder tube and checking for a hole over into the pilot well or by removing the plug in the pilot well and checking from there. There is a pilot jet down at the bottom of the pilot well and you use a small screwdriver to remove.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts