Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Mule 3010 4x4 with a Mikuni carb on it. The brass plugs have been drilled out and I am in need of new jets to replace the oem pilot air jets. I ran across a discussion on another forum that talked about enlarging the jet openings to .020 and replacing the oem jets with industrial (?) servicable jets. Does anyone know where I could get replacements and/or any knowledge of this process. There isn't a whole lot of information on the subject. This carb has always been problematic.

·
Registered
939 Posts
those carbs work excellent--as long as they don't get fed with old junk staled fuel. Once that happens and they gum up, they're very very tedious to get them to work properly again. Use the OEM stuff, it worked fine when new and will work fine again if the cleaning/repair is done properly. Drilling the jets does nothing but make it run richer than it should--a big problem at altitude.

Some of the lawn & garden & industrial Kawasaki engines use the similar carb but I have not swapped parts from them. I've always used oem stuff because it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts