Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, my partner and I got to meet a group of eleven men from Georgia who are riding all 48 states in 21 days as a fundraiser for the pediatric unit of their local hospital. I just wanted to pass on their blogsite, in case those of you in the northern and eastern states might happen to see a group of duster coat-wearing guys on Harleys riding through your town. (They've already visited the southern states.)

That's Scott Ressmeyer and his "posse", aka the Miracle Riders. These gentlemen are really sweet guys, and they're riding for something they believe in, the Children's Miracle Network. They're not releasing their itinerary until a day in advance of their next stop, but they'll be heading into Washington state tomorrow, based on their route after leaving Fort Bragg, CA today.

Give 'em a wave, ride with them for a few miles, and check out their blogsite, if you get a chance.

·
Addicted to riding…
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is fun to follow their journey via the mapping feature on their blogsite. We phoned my partner's brother in Montana yesterday, to keep an eye out for the Riders, but have not yet heard whether or not he got to meet them too.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
hey liz, thats awesome...

hope you are doing well

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
COOL!

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
If you want to have a reason to support the Miracle Network - here's a good one...

> Electron Boy <

EDIT: Well - I mixed up my charities - the link above is for the Make a Wish foundation. Still, a worthy charity so I'm going to leave the link up.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thats super cool....I hope I get a chance to ride with them for a while....but I want a duster and a cruiser now lol

Thinking about how a group like that would come to a small town like Pierre, I realized it was pretty darned close to Sturgis and maybe just maybe they will be around in South Dakota in the next day or two(CAUGHT JUST IN TIME)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Well I left a post and someone was VERY quick to get back with me about thier itenerary along with a phone number to get in contact with someone. I found out they would be in Pierre spending (tonight) but made a wrong turn and ended up about 30 highway miles and 12 interstate miles from me in the town of Murdow. I found this out by actually getting a CALL from Scot who seems like a real nice guy and mentioned somthingl ike doing this next year. I told him about the forums a little and wished him luck. Shame I couldnt have ridden with them for a few miles but it was great being able to thank them for what they are doing and you guys got to check this site out and see if you can meet up with them cause they are all a great group of people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts