Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2003 Vulcan Classic 1500
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it OK to run tires from different manufacturers? I have a new Bridgestone Exedra on the back of my bike (it had been recently replaced when I bought the bike) and the front tire needs replacing now. I was going to buy an Avon 404, or a Dunlop CruiseMax, or a Metzeler 880 front tire, but is it OK to mix the tires?

I figure one front tire will last through two back tires, so I can match the front with the back the next time it needs a rear tire. Any advice welcome.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
+1

Just don't run a radial front and bias rear, but that shouldn't be a problem, as I've never seen a 130 radial front. You can (and I do) run radial rear and bias front.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
tires

+1

Just don't run a radial front and bias rear, but that shouldn't be a problem, as I've never seen a 130 radial front. You can (and I do) run radial rear and bias front.
Metzler just came out with the ME880 radial (130R17 for the front) for the meanstreak late last fall. They took a long time to come in. I put a set on, highway hula shakes gone. I really like them for the limited time I got before the snow came in. Better than the dunlops, and the Bridgestone Exedras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts