Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it to the Spring Valley Resort. It is a pretty place alongside Hwy HH a few miles east of the town of Piedmont. The moron in charge of the scouting mission forgot his camera so pics are not available but I may get a diagram of the layout posted if I can get Barb to scan it. The moron who forgot the camera doesn't know how to use the scanner.

The cabins were built in the 1950's for workers on the Clearwater Dam project which is just of the resort. Most were rented to hunters this weekend but the ones I looked at are clean and well equipped. Each has a full kitchen, fully stocked with everything but food. Sleeping arrangements vary.

Across a small creek sits the tavern/grill. The place is clean with room for perhaps 60 or 70 people. This is a family run operation with usually a bartender and a cook so we should expect that service for a large group hitting them at once will be a bit slow. The menu is very basic, serving lunch and dinner items, no breakfast. Steaks, burgers, chicken and fish are available. Prices are reasonable.

Beyond the tavern the drive loops along the sidehill. Situated between the drive and the creek are 4 nearly new mobile homes. Units 21, 22 and 23 sleep 6. This assumes two people per bed. Two bedrooms each with a queen bed and a futon in the living room. They have fully equipped kitchens and washer and dryers.

Unit 24 is 3 bedrooms with a queen bed in each and a hide-a-bed in the living room.

Unit 25 is a cabin sitting in the same area as the mobile homes.

All of these units have outdoor picnic tables and BBQ grills.

My recommendation is that we choose these 5 units first when we begin making reservations. They will accept reservations beginning in late January. I was unable to negotiate lower prices, but we will get the off season rate so if we fill each unit, lodging will cost roughly $15 per person.

Daily maid service is NOT available. The beds are all furnished with linens but hide-a-beds and futons are NOT. Linens are changed by the renters as desired, but you must take the dirty linens to the office for exchange.

Keep in mind this is NOT a first class resort but it looks like a great place for a gathering if people are willing to share cabins. The owner is excited for us to be there. There is a small game room with video games and a bit of playground equipment is available. There will be karokee in the bar if we request it.

If anyone has questions, or I have forgotten something feel free to post here, pm me, email me at [email protected] or call me at 573-783-8889.

Oh, and if someone cares to share a cabin with a miniature Indian who snores and a really nice , quiet guy, my wife and I are accepting applications for room-mates.

Curt

Spring Valley Resort & Sports Bar -- Piedmont, Missouri

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention this. The Spring Valley Resort does NOT offer tent campsites. There is a place next door that does though. The owner of SVR said it would be fine for tenters to camp next door and then hang out with the rest of us at the resort. If anyone needs more info, let me know.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Sounds good to me. David and Cheri are providing nude entertainment, so we may have to shack up with them! If not, Indian and his squaw will find them selves with room mates.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Exactly!!!!!!! and the mobile homes are within crawling distance. Of course skinny dipping in the creek may be an option as well.
That's the first thing that went thru my mind, but I squelched those voices. Thank goodness for slow typing.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Exactly!!!!!!! and the mobile homes are within crawling distance. Of course skinny dipping in the creek may be an option as well.
Whats the twenty on the skinny dipping? He!! I have a camera.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
sounds like so much fun!!! and how minuture is minature? lol wife is short also so we might have to shack up with yall is there any non smokers? wife is allergic to cigarette smoke so we will have to share with non smokers :)

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
I'm copying the first post into the Sticky.

Very kind of you to do some early recon for us Curt.

I'd actually be interested in sharing a unit with you and the lil injun, but I'd rather talk you into unit 24 where the pillow fight is most likely to happen. ;-)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
ok folks yall may have to keep us on maybe just got a call from our daughter telling us that we are going to be grandparents for the 4th time lol and its due june 11th...possible high risk so we might be in nashville then or at least i will be hehe will keep everyone posted though really want to make it to the ride...

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
How are we going to decide how we're going to group into cabins?
We'd also prefer a non-smoking cabin.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
According to what Curt posted, the cabins and portable buildings aren't large enough to house more than a few couples each.

So as long as you either get a private cabin, or share with other non-smokers you should be fine.

I think we should be able to reserve all the units that are grouped together, so meeting in the common area right in front of them should be easy enough.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
How are we going to decide how we're going to group into cabins?
We'd also prefer a non-smoking cabin.
sounds like a plan to me obsidian we will share a cabin with ya if we get to go!! will know more in the next month or so we just found out the toher day that we are gonna be granparents again for the 4th time lol and its due in june shes in nashville tn so we might be up there. will know more later but i went to the web page and checked out the cabin situation it looks like a pretty cool place!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts