Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very nice - I love the colours...

(though bear in mind that I get ragged about my bike's colours all the time, so my view is not necessarily a good thing!)

Heh!

8)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
MJ,

Really like the color combo......should have taken one with you in your leathers :D too. Show us your mug shot

Heather

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I'd add here that the bike is stock apart from:

Carbon hugger fitted by a previous owner;
Datatag by a previous owner;
Black R&G crash protectors that I had fitted;
Datatool System 3 alarm immobiliser that I had fitted.

I've ordered an Airblade smoked double bubble screen, so that will be fitted very soon.

The only other thing I might do is change the stock exhaust for a race can of some description. I will of course keep the stock one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The screen arrived and it was much darker than I expected. It's not solid black, but is difficult to see through. It looks nice on the bike, but I would prefer a lighter smoke or clear screen for visibility.

Picture(s) to follow soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My friend has a titanium Akrapovic bolt-on can he kept from his J1 Ninja and he's going to let me use it on mine as it also for the J2. It will give me a chance to see if I like the race can or not.

JTpaintball70 said:
random question: Does anyone know if they make those double bubble screens for 500Rs?
I've checked where I got mine and they didn't have any listed for the 500R.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
MJ,

New screen looks good....but I am like you.... I prefer clear.....and wonder if you can get the same in clear.

Mack just ordered my Christmas present....A slipstream windshield for my Spectre :D

This will enable me to ride on nice days even when its cold.

Heather

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kyhick1 said:
New screen looks good....but I am like you.... I prefer clear.....and wonder if you can get the same in clear.
Airblade do a number of shades/colours including a stealth screen which is solid black, so I assumed the smoke would be considerably lighter than it is. That said, I think that the transparency the smoked screen has makes it look a lot nicer than the stealth one.

I e-mailed the company that I bought it from about swapping mine for a clear one, but they're out of stock and I like the look of it anyway and figured how often am I really going to be hugging the bike that low.

Akrapovic titanium can being fitted tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts