Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all.
I have a ZZR400 and I would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to pick up the true model by the chassis or engine number. I'm in South Africa so the bike gets registered according to when the bike was imported. I would really like to get the genuine age of the bike, so any help would be appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find specs or info on the bike, to no avail. That is the problem with they grey imports, they are not supported by the agents.
Please , someone help...

Thank God I got rid of the Yamaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Bulinu, i'll check it out. i really wanna know the true year

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Should be on the frame

Should be on the frame ... then check with Kawasaki for the year for the serial numbers...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only problem is that all 400 s are regarded as grey imports because the manufacturers didn't import them directly. So they are unwilling to help with any issues relating to 'grey imports'. They will only help if you have purchased a bike that was 'officially' imported. Really sucks...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
GREY

Yeah, Kawasaki USA won't import the ZZR-250. Our EX 250/Ninja 250R (same bike) has the old steel tube chassis/frame and 16" wheels and tires. The ZZX-250 has an aluminum chassis, 17" wheels and the fairing is much nicer as well...don't know about the rear suspension, ref. dampening and adjustments... the 250R is outdated, yet I THINK that the market would bear a second 250cc sportbike bike..but I'm not even a Kawasaki owner at this point in time...(soon though)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts