Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent part of my weekend in a major salvage yard. Starting witha brand new Rune ($25,000.00) bike all the way down to 80cc dirt bikes. An impressive collection of bikes including a 3 cylinder 2 stroke Kawasaki 500 (Mark iv?). I had to wonder how many skull and crossbones, broken arms, legs, maimed physically and mentally people these bikes represented. A brand new 2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636CC bike, sat there as well...as I looked at Kawasaki EX250 Models. I was surprised to see all the different configurations of 250's on the lot. Unfortunately we had just received a major downpour the day before and we were standing into as much as 3" of water at times...I saw one 250/confirmed with factory duals (exhaust) on her. I was curious to how many models of the ex250 are on hte US market. Two that I was truely interested in were both 2002 F models. I did see one labeled a XZ-2R in decent shape wearing a Muzzy pipe but she was in water up to her wheels. so I need to return to the yard to see what else that they have, especially in the 500 models before I commit myself to rebuilding what I'm not having them do for me. THere are bikes of ALL types and sizes and in all shapes and conditions. I sat on a Suzuki Katana 750 that was like butter under me...sure it's a great bike, and smaller than some that I have ridden, but I'm trying to find somethig small and light weight for a reason. Sticking to the 250R where parts are very inexpensive and insurance is very inexpensive, and I will be changing the gearing to accomodate not highway but rather city and suburban riding is what I need for my pleasure. IF I needed a ZX-10 it would be another story...but the 250R does what I need with just a few mods. SO MY QUESTION IS; HOW MANY MODS ARE THER IN TEH US OF America, and what are the differences?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts