Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I am looking to upgrade to a hypercharger, fuel manager and new pipes. I am not looking for loud pipes but I don't like the heaviness and restriction of the stock pipes. Any recommendations on what works best?

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
All, I am looking to upgrade to a hypercharger, fuel manager and new pipes. I am not looking for loud pipes but I don't like the heaviness and restriction of the stock pipes. Any recommendations on what works best?
--May want to do a forum search..alot of info discussed on mods.-- there are as many different opinions on this as there are bikes...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that and wasted an enormous time going through threads that had nothing to do with my bike. I figured this was an easier route to get specific info for a specific bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most any after market pipe is going to be loud by your standards
Be careful on choosing the Hypercharger many complain about how it hits their knee

·
Lets Ride!
442 Posts
A friend of mine installed Vance & Hines Longshots and thought they were too loud. He then installed Hard Chrome "Quiet Baffles" and is happy as can be now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a hypercharger, power commanderIII and V&H longshots,

The package is effective, but a tad loud with the pipes.

As far as the Charger and knee space, it does certainly make you move your leg out, but with a little playing with the pegs, (spacer in front to angle the peg) it is certainly comfortable and after a small adjustment time, you will not notice any interference.

·
Registered
134 Posts
As trocar said, I too have the Hypercharger Pro, PCIII and V&H Dual Baggers. A geat combination which I am very happy with, fitted almost from new. Ditto to what trocar said about the knee space, no big deal for me (looks great).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Roadhouse Dooley's I think have the nicest sound. I tried the hypercharger but it stuck out too far and bothered my leg so I went with a Thunder Tornado. I put the Power Commander on my Nomad as well. I would suggest you have it tuned on a Dynojet dyno to get all the mixtures set right. Mine came out at 66hp and 93 ft lbs torque. Don't be fooled by Hypercharger and ram air effect, there is none, it is all looks. I think the Tornado is the only way to go. You can look at pics of my 2006 Nomad on my website.

·
Threadjacker
111 Posts
Choke da kama'aina put planny good homemade bamboo pipes on dey ridez. Jus go down Auntie and Uncle's and cut some bamboo from dey yard. Put on dere using da kine banana leaf fo yo gasket. Den wen you pau, all the brahs say, "Ho, da guy, he stay akamai!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts