Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Came across a pic of my Mom and Dad from around 1975-1976 in the Mojave Desert near NAWTC China Lake where he was stationed at the time. I think I have his figured out to a 1972 F8 Bison, but my Mom's is being a little more difficult. I know hers was a 90, Kawasaki of course, but the gas tank combo and left hand exhaust are throwing my searches off. I know the photo isn't great, but any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated!
Pat

·
944 Posts
I would say it might be a G3TR Bushmaster but not sure what year. The one pictured below is a 1970.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
The tank striping looks like some 72 models. Is there a frame number stamped into the steering head? Or a number on the engine? CycleChaos dot com & Zedder are a couple of places to check the numbers. Cyclechaos has photos of various models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately both bikes are long gone. On another forum, someone suggested it may be a 72-73 G3ss with a Bushmaster exhaust. I'm starting to think the same thing.

·
944 Posts
I agree that it looks like a 72 paint job but the G3TR was only made until 1970 so maybe it is a G3TR with a 72 tank on it, or as paden20 suggested a G3ss with Bushmaster exhaust.

·
944 Posts
You may need to face the fact that this bike may have been assembled with whatever was on hand or cheap.
G3TRA had a black headlight but also high front fender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts