Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forecast has been calling for rain, rain and rain. To my pleasure, it was dry and clearing and practically summer temps, well 60 ish..

Just when the majority of my late meetings got cancelled, somebody else booked my time and i looked out to see the sun starting to show.

finally got out by 3:00, 40 miles to home, thank goodness I beat the traffic, 5 minutes to throw on a sweater, leather up, start her up and GO!

I made it on the road four 4:00 and didn't get back until 5:15, just getting dark. Its been more than 3 weeks but less than 4 since I've been out, so long I can't place it anymore. Who said Mondays suck!

What a great day, oh did I tell you, the big brown truck came today :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
spok said:
The forecast has been calling for rain, rain and rain. To my pleasure, it was dry and clearing and practically summer temps, well 60 ish..

Just when the majority of my late meetings got cancelled, somebody else booked my time and i looked out to see the sun starting to show.

finally got out by 3:00, 40 miles to home, thank goodness I beat the traffic, 5 minutes to throw on a sweater, leather up, start her up and GO!

I made it on the road four 4:00 and didn't get back until 5:15, just getting dark. Its been more than 3 weeks but less than 4 since I've been out, so long I can't place it anymore. Who said Mondays suck!

What a great day, oh did I tell you, the big brown truck came today :)
The weather over here has been great the last few day's. :smile: Went out yesterday for a 150mi. ride an it sure did feel good it's been about a month for me too. It sure does change your attitude doesn't it?

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
That's why I named my bike "Attitude Adjuster". :)

I got to ride about 160 miles also this weekend. Been riding the bike to work also and going for rides at lunch time. Tomorrow is suppose to be another nice day so will ride again....but then it's suppose to start raining after Tuesday. :(

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
woodchucks800 said:
It sure does change your attitude doesn't it?
Truer words have never been spoken. I only made 40 or so but that included back highway, country road, local HD store and the other Big Dawg chopper shop and a few passes on the interstate to see what the wind felt like.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
spok....what did the big Brown Truck bring ya today? ;)

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The nice man on the truck left me 2 boxes. One had my light kit in it, the other box had my highway bars, my chrome shaft cover, studded leather tank strap and chrome indicator light panel insert.

Darn the luck, the replacement lowers for the lightbar won't come for a few days and my chrome side covers are on back order.

Word of advice on the F&S lightbar, its sealed up real tight and it took me 20 minutes to cut it free from the shrink wrap.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Darn.....that's a drag!!!

Hey wait a minute!!! I see the Big Brown Truck has left some chrome side covers....and some replacement lowers for a lightbar here on my door step. I don't really need these.....good sale on eBay folks! LOL :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
spok said:
The nice man on the truck left me 2 boxes. One had my light kit in it, the other box had my highway bars, my chrome shaft cover, studded leather tank strap and chrome indicator light panel insert.

Darn the luck, the replacement lowers for the lightbar won't come for a few days and my chrome side covers are on back order.

Word of advice on the F&S lightbar, its sealed up real tight and it took me 20 minutes to cut it free from the shrink wrap.
Well it sounds like your going to have fun this coming weekend. but I bet you won't wait that long before you start installing some of it . <BG>

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woodchucks800 said:
Well it sounds like your going to have fun this coming weekend. but I bet you won't wait that long before you start installing some of it . <BG>
well, It was a really good day, first I rode 40 miles, looked at bikes and then came home at supper, let it cool down and I got all of what came in except the lightbar on. It was fun crawling on the floor trying to get the clamp to rethread into the clasp on the shaft cover. :wink:

The highway bar need a little tap with the 5 lb mall to move the lower right mounting bracket out a bit to go over the floorboard bracket. Even got to put my new metric wratched box ends from Santa to work tonite. Did I say Mondays suck?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well the temps here have been in the 20's at night and the 40's to 50's during the day. Haven't had a chance to ride. However, my friendly local forecaster has predicted it to be in the upper 70's on Wednesday, and luckily, I'm off of work until Friday. I plan on doin' some ridin' !! Let you guys know how it goes. :smile:

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW, if your mondays suck then mine must be awesome...I was stuck busting my tail in the office and it was only about 35 outside yesterday...supposed to get a little warmer today and tomorrow though...Maybe i'll play a little hookie today...and tomorrow

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
spok said:
oh yeah, i forgot to mention that !

and, mondays DO suck....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts