Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok cheers for everyones input BUT still not working
ok then i've re-wired bike all electrics now working and all new part that were broken have been replace after them BAST***DS that stole and crashed it. the ignition is now working but the bike just wont kick-in and run, if i try really hard and open the throttle full it run for short while at just under 1000 revs but cant get it to rev anymore than that, then when i release the throttle it just cuts out any ideas anyone

·
Make Mine Pure BHP
1,174 Posts
On most, the main and pilot jets are located in the carburetor bowls which are held on by four screws. Drop the bowls off and you can hose them out with carb cleaner.
Actually I would think the pilot jets are on the outside of the carbs (usually located in front or behind the bowls depending upon the carbs you have) since you need to have access to them for sync'ng while running. Don't know the bike you have but in general:

1. Pull the bowl covers and remove the floats & main jets.
2. Pull the tops & remove the slides.
3. Remove the pilot jets (note how many turns out they are before removing them).
4. Use carb cleaner to clean the passages and blow w/ compressed air.

:cool:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Actually I would think the pilot jets are on the outside of the carbs (usually located in front or behind the bowls depending upon the carbs you have) since you need to have access to them for sync'ng while running. Don't know the bike you have but in general:

3. Remove the pilot jets (note how many turns out they are before removing them).

On your suggestion for #3 Some adjustment screws have pretty tight seals so you may not be aware just when it is out of the threads. I find it more accurate to gently screw them in first and count the turns to the seat. then remove them. Then when you reinstall all the way to the seat and back it out the number of turn it required to seat in the first place.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts

as much as I hate to agree with bountyhunter, he is right. the jets are in the float bowl. what you are thinking about is the mixture screws. either air or fuel mixture depending on which side the carb it is on. your steps are good except for noting how many turns out you take the pilot out, no need. just take them out and put back in. they are brass so be careful when you remove and install, you don't want to damage them.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts

My Mikunis have the main jets in the bottom of the bowl. The pilot jets are in the upper surface of the bowl.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
This is the reason that the mechanics have disappeared from this section. Mechanics with many years of experience, not just us idiots with a few years knowledge, are not helping anymore.

Why should they help when the original poster slams them, and other people that have rebuilt a couple of bikes are there to answer their questions, albeit with f'ed up info.

It's good that we all help each other, but the sarcasm is uncalled for. I won't be risking anything in this section again.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Why should they help when the original poster slams them, and other people that have rebuilt a couple of bikes are there to answer their questions, albeit with f'ed up info.
Hahah duly noted. :oops:

Although most of the time I don't read things well enough. I think this is what WeBeToyz did here.

·
Make Mine Pure BHP
1,174 Posts
Yea...lets see...

In general...
Depending upon the carbs you have...

To determine how many turns out a screw setting is, you screw it in until it seats, counting the turns as you go. Old school mechanics terminology.

You are correct - the pilots are in the bowls & I was thinking of the air/fuel mixtures screws. Regardless, you are gong to want to take them out as well in order to perform an adaquate cleaning of the carbs.

Otherwise I sit behind the puter corrected...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts