Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in another 300km on the 14 today. The wife and I, and the bross' of Osoyoos went out for a great spin, lunch, and more spin. The weather was warm, though a little windy.

I installed the grip-puppies that Gene mailed me (they are a thin foam tube that slides over the stock grip) and they sure helped my hands. I found the stock grips to be just too small in diameter...so problem solved.

The Heli-Risers are also paying off, their is certainly less stress on my hands....and my "family jewels" are happier too.

As far as the bike goes, if I was sold on her before...i'm doubly sold now. she just does everything so well, so smoothly, with such little input and effort, and never bad word from her. I found myself seperated from my gang and stuck in traffic...and when the opportunity arose to "catch up" I was once again almost in bisbelief at how quick this bike can move.

Below 5K rpms it is very docile, and manageable......but (and a big but!) when you roll on and the needle passes that 6K mark a real monster appears.
I can see how people get into trouble riding these sportbikes, it hits 80-90mph before I've had a chance to register that mark.....and by the time I have...it's quickly on it's way upwards past 100mph without so much as even thinking of breaking a sweat.

We left at 10am and returned home at 4pm, and aside from my hands taking a little to get used to the position....the rest of me has never felt better. I dare say my back feels better on this bike than it ever did on the cruiser. (I know..."boo-hiss-hiss")

It seems to be the start of a beautiful relationship.

PS. When we pulled into the garage, my wife removed her helmet, hopped off her VFR800 and had this massive sheet-eating grin on her face. I don't recall her exact words, however they went something like "I love this power!" :p

·
Never Been Fast Enough
785 Posts
I tried 4 different types of grips and finally Kuryakyn came out with ISO grips for sport bikes this year. Just installed today. Having to wait untill June to get the bar end weights they are so new. I've had these on my Nomad for some time and they are great. I promise your hands will feel the best ever.

See my post tonight "Now I Got Me Some Grips" for a pic. and see what they look like on my ZX-6R.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
For 9 bucks the Grip Puppies are the shiznit.
We had a little ride to Lunch today as well, Although the miles were only about 60 total. We had other plans today, so we had to get home to head out.

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
Sounds like you had fun!!

Glad to hear the Mrs. is enjoying the bike too LOL!!

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
...It seems to be the start of a beautiful relationship.

PS. When we pulled into the garage, my wife removed her helmet, hopped off her VFR800 and had this massive sheet-eating grin on her face. I don't recall her exact words, however they went something like "I love this power!" :p
Sheet eating grins are good. :)

It was a fun ride, but it didn't happen, no pics. We pulled into the garage and Jodie said "You didn't take any pictures. :confused: " Had the camera but totally forgot about it. :-(

After we lost Carlo in the slow traffic I was ready to start a collection for him, so he could buy a quicker bike to keep up with us, until I checked my left hand mirror and one second he was a little spec, then about 2-3 seconds later he's ready to strafe me a' la ispeed. :tongue:

I think he got left behind on purpose just so he'd have an excuse to stretch the throttle cables a little. ;-)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sheet eating grins are good. :)

It was a fun ride, but it didn't happen, no pics. We pulled into the garage and Jodie said "You didn't take any pictures. :confused: " Had the camera but totally forgot about it. :-(

After we lost Carlo in the slow traffic I was ready to start a collection for him, so he could buy a quicker bike to keep up with us, until I checked my left hand mirror and one second he was a little spec, then about 2-3 seconds later he's ready to strafe me a' la ispeed. :tongue:

I think he got left behind on purpose just so he'd have an excuse to stretch the throttle cables a little. ;-)

"on purpose"? How dare you suggest such a thing? :-D

Yeh, I was scolded for forgetting our camera as well. Funny, it's "our" camera.....but my responsibility to ensure we have it with us.........:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
"on purpose"? How dare you suggest such a thing? :-D

Yeh, I was scolded for forgetting our camera as well. Funny, it's "our" camera.....but my responsibility to ensure we have it with us.........:biggrin:
I do that to Annie too...I expect her to bring the camera...AND take all the pics...She's never in any pics...:oops:

Glad you guys had a nice ride...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts