Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any performance components for the mule. I dont care about increasing speed but I am in the mountains of NC and power is sometime a problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
power options

I do not really know of any power upgrades other than just getting a basic jetting kit and rejetting the carb. You can also disconnect the governor. This will give you both bottom and top end power. To do this you just follow the throttle cable back to the govorner and there will be a plate. You drill the pop rivets out and remove the plate. There you will see a bolt that is restricting the throttle cable from moving back completely. Remove this and you will be good to go.

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
And so will your warranty, the governer does very little or nothing to help you with this problem or any other problem it won't increase your top speed by more than 2 mph. 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
check my posting out on the clutch spring it fixed the low end power problem on my 610 mule. you would have to go to a different spring from a different model but it may help

·
Registered
6 Posts
check my posting out on the clutch spring it fixed the low end power problem on my 610 mule. you would have to go to a different spring from a different model but it may help
would like to get mine re-jetted for 9000 ft. in N.M.--- got any inform. on what jet to go to-- and how hard to rejet myself?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Describe your power problem and the circumstances at which it is running out of power. At the altitudes of the mountains in North Carolina I cannot imagine any problem the stock Mule would have that would be carburetor related unless the carburetor were partially plugged or the fuel filter or air filter were dirty.

If it has been a while since the valves were adjusted that can cut power considerably, as can dirty or old spark plugs. Torque converter clutches that have not been maintained and have a lot of hours can also dramatically reduce power by failing to shift down when they should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts