Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway I could get a little sound from the stock exhaust. Aftermarket pipes are a bit too loud. There's got to be a way to modify the stock system to get more rumble. I own a 2004 Streak.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
You could drill holes in the baffle plate. Or you could cut the entire plate out and remove the rear baffle. I've seen people do this with the 800, not sure if it would work on the streak.

bluestringer

·
Registered
487 Posts
to get the best sound from the stock pipes you need to remove the catalytic convertor(goats belly). A qualified muffler shop should be able to make the changes to your pipes without doing any damage to the pipes.
we did this on a friends meanstreak and it sounds really good. I'm also going to do this to my bike when I get time. my bub pipes I have now are nice sounding if you like them louder, but I'm actually getting tired of the noise on longer trips.

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose if only gut the interior of the goat belly, it will improve the sound a little too? I really want to keep all the components. Up here, cops are giving tickets for modified and/or loud pipes. If I can get away with a stock look and more sound, i'll avoid the ticket.

·
Registered
487 Posts
desoto, if you want to keep it stock looking, then I would gut the goatsbelly. it gives you the best sound for time involved. let us know what you do and how it sounds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
vaporgas2000 said:
desoto, if you want to keep it stock looking, then I would gut the goatsbelly. it gives you the best sound for time involved.
Wouldn't that require cutting it open and then welding it back shut again? With aftermarket exhausts going for as little as $350.00, unless you know someone at a muffler shop that'll cut you a break, you may find those mods are not cost effective. Just a thought.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i agree with zoo - those mods are marginal at best :wink:
just change the pipes :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts