Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... but I took a very nice, 30 mile ride yesterday. :biggrin: Don't be a hater!!!

Wifey and I are heading out to see a couple of grandkids up in the frozen tundra of Colorado, so I took out the bike "just to keep the battery charged." Yeah, that's a good one. Temps were near 55, very nice.

I drove back home and into my "storage building" out back to lock it up while we are gone.

You guys/gals have a Merry Christmas, 'cause I can't log on for a couple of weeks.

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
... but I took a very nice, 30 mile ride yesterday. :biggrin: Don't be a hater!!!

Wifey and I are heading out to see a couple of grandkids up in the frozen tundra of Colorado, so I took out the bike "just to keep the battery charged." Yeah, that's a good one. Temps were near 55, very nice.

I drove back home and into my "storage building" out back to lock it up while we are gone.

You guys/gals have a Merry Christmas, 'cause I can't log on for a couple of weeks.

You're right, don't wanna hear it! :D We have a foot of snow here and its freezing out. Have a great Christmas yourself.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Did anyone know that here in north TX its 60 right now??
Guess who's riding today :)

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
I love living in southeast texas, it gets a little chilly for about 6 days a year, then it's 60 and up, so I get to ride all year. ;-)

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
I could ride if I wanted, all it would take is under armour, jeans, long sleeve tshirt, sweat shrit, Full leathers, lined extreme temp gloves, insulated boots, balacava and full face helmet. I would be exhausted by the time I put it all on, but I could ride if I wanted there is no ice on the road until tonight.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Anyone that can ride right now is clown:biggrin: It's 21 right now and going down to 17 tonight. We had about 6 inches of snow on Saturday and we are expecting ice on X-mas day. Get over yourselves:biggrin:

·
Is it 2012 yet!!??
538 Posts
Went on a nippy Houston-to-San Antonio ride last Saturday. My Vulcan kept up valiantly with the hogs and BMWs.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
I guess us southern folk are lucky sometimes. Down here in south west Louisiana by the gulf, it's been 70 degrees the past couple of days. Today was just beautifull, not a cloud in the sky. The next couple of days it's calling for rain and clearing up by friday with a high of upper 60's. Of course we do freeze at night when it gets into the 30's. The only down side I had this past weekend was the ride back from the dome sunday morning. (Stayed up to late crying.) Eight of us rode over for the game and to meet up with others in the "Who Dat Nation!".

·
Registered
189 Posts
12-18 inches of snow forecast between Wednesday night and Christmas night. Ho-ho hilarious.

All of you who can ride, enjoy it!!

Merry Christmas to all.:rudy:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

Glad you had a nice ride.
The weather here will be warm enough to ride when it gets good and ready, but we need more snow for now. Meanwhile, I have been ignoring my bike for a few months now, 4 or 5 more to go...lol. I groomed cross country ski trails today...love it! Off to ride the exercise bike now...oh what fun :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
12-18 inches of snow forecast between Wednesday night and Christmas night. Ho-ho hilarious.

All of you who can ride, enjoy it!!

Merry Christmas to all.:rudy:
What is this "snow" thing you talk of? :sgrin:

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
It's great that some could ride today! It was 50 here after a near-freezing night. Logged some raindrops in the aftermath of a storm, but got in 34 miles today on the 900. First day in nearly a week without a lot of rain, supposed to be clear and cold through Boxing Day, then rain is forecast again.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
Provided we don't get any more rain or snow in the next couple of days I might take my bike out for a short ride. The roads are ice free, but it's borderline (33-34) and I don't want to ride at night, especially with all the loony cagers Xmas shopping. And since I work all day... Hopefully the forecast snow won't get here before Friday.

·
Threadjacker
111 Posts
Did anyone know that here in north TX its 60 right now??
Guess who's riding today :)
clbryant1981 said:
I love living in southeast texas, it gets a little chilly for about 6 days a year, then it's 60 and up, so I get to ride all year.
This is why we tolerate July and August.

gillisfire20 said:
The only down side I had this past weekend was the ride back from the dome sunday morning. (Stayed up to late crying.)

How 'bout them Cowboys?!

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Nearly 60 today and I rode 75 mi on the road and about 4 hours on the Motor Officer course practicing my skills. Pappie

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
H2o, I grew up in Harrisburg, still have a lot of friends in the 17110 area and a daughter.

Olddog, the worst ride of my life was Jan 2nd 1976 (or was it 77) My engine was the only thing warm...lol

·
but still a NooBie
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have taken a few solo rides with the temps starting out at freezing and warming up to low 40's. Wool is your friend! Sox, boots, insulated pants, layers under the leather jacket, insulated gloves, some kind of thermal scarf around the neck, ff helmet. I am good to go. The reason I take so many solo rides is that (sometimes) no one else will leave the house to go with me.

Wifey's birthday is today (23rd) and it is pouring rain all day and tomorrow. Still, I need to get her something, huh? Keep the peace and all that. :biggrin: Daughter in Colorado got more snow last night, more expected today. Temps will be in the negatives at night for several nights. Hell, I'm ready to leave now, but we will spend Christmas morning with another grandchild (fairly local) before leaving.

Again, Merry Christmas, guys!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts