Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an accident when the pain goes away you realize that you have a decision to make . Rebuild or buy new . Here are some pics of my rebuild . I have moderate mechanical knowlege and a manual . I know that this is not for everybody but if you like to tinker , it's very doable .

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
After an accident when the pain goes away you realize that you have a decision to make . Rebuild or buy new . Here are some pics of my rebuild . I have moderate mechanical knowlege and a manual . I know that this is not for everybody but if you like to tinker , it's very doable .
I'd say "nice pics"...if there were any :lol:

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The WORK ....

Order new bars

Remove controls

and grind off mount, mock up mount to get measurements for a new mount, I built a new mount out of 1x1 squate tube and hired a guy to weld it on (sorry no pic)

make a new shift rod

trim and re-mount cracked front fender

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

drill and reshape rubbed levers

New risers . drill and install.(made for a harley ,mount in a 1/2" hole)

Paint and stripe headlight bucket

Then it was alot of removing broken parts and bolting on new parts . Any rubbed chrome I painted wrinkle black just to keep the cost down .

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The GOOD...

I learned alot on this build . I have worked on lots of cars but this was my fist bike . Keep you chin up Scotty .

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Nice job! Did you use stock foot controls? How about an after pic of the foot controls and shift rod??

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Looks good. I Like what you did with the risers and bar.

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice job! Did you use stock foot controls? How about an after pic of the foot controls and shift rod??
Yes, I used the stock controls but I made a 3.5" relocation kit similar to what Grumpy makes . I'll get a pic on the weekend . My bike is a little buried in the shop right now .

Looks good. I Like what you did with the risers and bar.
Thanx, they turned out just the way I wanted . As an added bonus my 6'4" butt fits on the bike way better . Now I barelly hit the back of the seat .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts