Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got her running pretty good, and actually without the choke, took about 2 hours yesterday jackin with the air fuel mixture screws and now she's idling well. Now I'd like to address the clicking noise that is coming from the valves, here's a short video I took, can anyone tell me where to start looking? I KNOW this much noise isn't normal.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1764869414456899944&hl=en

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi! check cam chain tensioner and camchain! may even be a blowing header. video it again but rev it a little! have you balanced the carbs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi! check cam chain tensioner and camchain! may even be a blowing header. video it again but rev it a little! have you balanced the carbs?
I can do that... the strange thing about it is that when you get to about 3K RPM's the ticking is gone and it runs perfect, go too high and it comes back, I'll probably be selling this bike in the near future and and don't want to sink alot of cash into it, how would the cam chain effect it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the chain is trying to jump the camwheel! if its the type of tensioner i thnk it is , simply check using the manuals specs! sometimes they can stick, let me know ok?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, small problem, my Clymers manual is missing the pages for showing me how to adjust the cam chain.... help!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
pan2sa, You might tell us what type bike is being discussed. See you are a local boy. If you need a hand, just holler. In any case, some cam chain tensioners are "automatic" and some are manual. Once I know what type bike is being discussed, can make a better stab at explanation. Same issue with valve adjustments... and get another manual.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks WG, got another manual on order already, dang thing is so old that 2 pages just fell out at some point and now I don't have em. Bike is a 84 ZN1100, I have a shop manual for a kz100 and zx1000 and neither of those match up... Thanks for the help offer, where is Mico by the way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts