Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Freshman
628 Posts
Very cool...Seems to me the lead rider has an advantage though. The trailing rider not only has to make sure he clears the cones, but needs to pay attention to where the lead rider is going and follow his exact path.

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
Very cool...Seems to me the lead rider has an advantage though. The trailing rider not only has to make sure he clears the cones, but needs to pay attention to where the lead rider is going and follow his exact path.
Indeed.

·
status? don't need it.
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which tests their ability to pursue a perp. the leader, or perp, can also be blocked by the follower. see 5:15 and 6:15.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
maybe some motocop could chime in..........

the skill set I can respect for riding, just being able to take 500 plus pounds and manipulate it like that is pretty cool

but how would all those slow speed manuvers really help in the real world ?

if something happens, I would bet dollars to doughnuts ( yes pun intended) they have to evade at higher speeds,and that is differrent than slow speeds.

with the small exception of getting through rush hour traffic.

so how would these practices help ?

·
status? don't need it.
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe some motocop could chime in..........
but how would all those slow speed manuvers really help in the real world ?
earlier today, i saw an HBPD motor cop avoid being nailed by a clueless pickup truck driver. the motor cop saw a left turn red light runner and was heading out to pull over the guy when another cager pulled in front of him. i seriously thought the cop was going to get nailed, but he managed to stop on a dime and resume travel once the truck was out of his way. that indecent reminded me of this video.

i also watched an HBPD motor cop navigate through the parking lot of a busy mall like he had wings. the RT1200 is a very nice bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.