Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 kawasaki Vulcan 500. I want more power but want to keep my bike. Would a 750 engine fit on my 500 frame?

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
No. very doubtful at the least. 99.999% certainty.
Not that it matters, but I don't know what 750 you mean.
The EN500 is a parallel Twin, whereas the Vulcan 750 is a V-Twin.
Someone will probably chime in & say anything can be done with enough money.

·
Super Moderator
10,935 Posts
Sure, anything can be done with enough time and money :):).

More power how? Top end speed? Off-the-line jump? There's very little that can be done without sacrificing something else. Really, it's a 500 cc, there's not a lot of options. I understand wanting to keep it but if it's time to move on it's time to move on.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Those 500's have plenty of power for a 500. Maybe there is something wrong with your bike.
Post back with more specifics.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Is the Vulcan 500 engine basically the same as the Ninja 500? And also the EN450 Ltd? --- the 454 Ltd has been called Half-a-Ninja --- it had half the ccs of the ZX900 of the era & the thing was supposed to be very fast. wikipedia says it raced & beat a chevy corvette big block. :shock: :)

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Is the Vulcan 500 engine basically the same as the Ninja 500? And also the EN450 Ltd? --- the 454 Ltd has been called Half-a-Ninja --- it had half the ccs of the ZX900 of the era & the thing was supposed to be very fast. wikipedia says it raced & beat a chevy corvette big block. :shock: :)
Well, the engine looks the same, but has higher CR, different carbs, cams, ignitor, etc. for an additional 14hp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please, i have a question.
Can the EN500C engine fit as replacement engine into my Kawasaki EN500A?
Thanks for your prompt response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts