Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had AAA a few years back, but stopped using them. Now that I am back into riding I am looking to get another Roadside Assistance Service. AAA does not cover bikes, so I am looking for a good nationwide service that will service both. I Have seen a few out there like AMA, but I would love some feedback from any of you that have this service and if you like your company. Thanks you and Merry Christmas.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I have towing coverage included with my motorcycle insurance with Foremost, but luckily (knock on wood) I haven't had to use it yet so I can't comment on the quality of their service.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The odd thing is that in Ca. AAA just started covering motorcycles including road service. I have had them since 1975 so they do treat me right too.

200.00 a year for my 900 and 700.00 a year for my Daytona

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have towing coverage included with my motorcycle insurance with Foremost, but luckily (knock on wood) I haven't had to use it yet so I can't comment on the quality of their service.
I have the same coverage and hope I never need it. Any of the national road service's are only as good as their affiliates providing the actual service so it can be excellent in one area and not so good in another. Just gotta hope you break down in the good service area.:eek:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I have GEICO for my auto and recently added my bike. It only increased my premium $10 and that's with 75 miles of towing. I'm pretty satisfied with them.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
SORRY, everyone. That includes high end full coverage insurance which includes the roadside service

·
Registered
222 Posts
My bike insurance is Drive (Progressive). It includes towing and roadside service.

I've used the roadside service once when I ran out of gas. Got the gas, but had a terrible time with the person that answered my call. Progressive has apparently contracted out the answering service and the person I was talking to had no concept of the Interstate system in the US and kept asking me for a landmark. I kept telling her I was standing next to the best landmark posssible which was the 350 mile marker on the Southbound lane of I-25 in New Mexico. I told her that in the entire United States there was only two 350 mile markers on I-25 in New Mexico and the other one was right across from me on the Northbound lane.

It almost took longer to convince the woman to put down the 350 mile marker as the landmark as it took roadside service to get me two gallons of gasoline!!

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
My bike insurance is Drive (Progressive). It includes towing and roadside service.

I've used the roadside service once when I ran out of gas. Got the gas, but had a terrible time with the person that answered my call. Progressive has apparently contracted out the answering service and the person I was talking to had no concept of the Interstate system in the US and kept asking me for a landmark. I kept telling her I was standing next to the best landmark posssible which was the 350 mile marker on the Southbound lane of I-25 in New Mexico. I told her that in the entire United States there was only two 350 mile markers on I-25 in New Mexico and the other one was right across from me on the Northbound lane.

It almost took longer to convince the woman to put down the 350 mile marker as the landmark as it took roadside service to get me two gallons of gasoline!!
I'm sorry, but that's just funny right there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
I think that most insurances have the option to have road side assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts