Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Twist of the Wrist II is a good read. Lots of good information in that.

Rossi's Autobiography - good read if you're a fan of him...lots of good stories. Not much in the way of learning how to ride, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm currently making my way through Performance Riding Techniques by Andy Ibbott (just got it yesterday, couldn't read much because of my qualifying exams)...I'll probably have it finished in the next day or two (doesn't take me long to run through these books). Seems very much track oriented though...actually, I'd say its very race oriented.

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Twist of the Wrist II is a good read. Lots of good information in that.

Rossi's Autobiography - good read if you're a fan of him...lots of good stories. Not much in the way of learning how to ride, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm currently making my way through Performance Riding Techniques by Andy Ibbott (just got it yesterday, couldn't read much because of my qualifying exams)...I'll probably have it finished in the next day or two (doesn't take me long to run through these books). Seems very much track oriented though...actually, I'd say its very race oriented.
you know i read twist of the wrist and for my self was not one of my favorite books but i know many people like it .

i read another one and for life of me can not think of the name will look when i get home but great book for new riders even comes with a dvd to show practice drills

let me know what you think of the Performance Riding Techniques i was thinking of picking that one up

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,704 Posts
anything by Gordon Jennings

~kop

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Performance Riding Techniques is a good book...but kinda hard to apply to road riding. Its very much so geared towards track use, and particularly to club racing, or upper level racing (even up to MotoGP). If you plan to ride on the track, I think its good. It does cover much of the same material that Twist of the Wrist does...but its more modern (obviously), has more content (covering braking, acceleration, and sliding in a bit more detail, among other topics), and great quotes from top riders. The pictures in the book are incredible...both from a teaching perspective, and just a race fan perspective. There's even a short suspension setup guide at the end of the book.

All-in-all, I found it to be a good read...but unless you plan to hit the track, or are a big race fan, I doubt it'll have much appeal.

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Performance Riding Techniques is a good book...but kinda hard to apply to road riding. Its very much so geared towards track use, and particularly to club racing, or upper level racing (even up to MotoGP). If you plan to ride on the track, I think its good. It does cover much of the same material that Twist of the Wrist does...but its more modern (obviously), has more content (covering braking, acceleration, and sliding in a bit more detail, among other topics), and great quotes from top riders. The pictures in the book are incredible...both from a teaching perspective, and just a race fan perspective. There's even a short suspension setup guide at the end of the book.

All-in-all, I found it to be a good read...but unless you plan to hit the track, or are a big race fan, I doubt it'll have much appeal.
i will have to get i i do hit the track and am a race fan thanks

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Proficient Motorcycling
More Proficient Motorcycling
Riding in the Zone
Kiwis Might Fly
RoadRUNNER, Rider, American Motorcyclist, Motorcycle Consumer News magazines

The Hubby read:
Leanings and Leanings 2 (anything by Peter Egan)
Shop Class as Soul Craft
Bodies in Motion
Rebuilding the Indian

He says "the best" motorcycle book he has EVER read is The Perfect Vehicle by Melissa Holbrook Pierson

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
The Hubby says "the best" motorcycle book he has EVER read is The Perfect Vehicle by Melissa Holbrook Pierson
I won't say it's a downer.........But I had my girl put away the butcher knives.

I liked "One Good Run,the legend of Bert Munro" and
"One Man Caravan" by Robert Fulton

Of Course "Honda CB750F 1979-1983 Shop Manual" lives in my saddlebag.

·
Lapa user
852 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
All of these titles look like good suggestions for my summer reading list.

The only one I have read so far is The Complete Motorcyclist's Handbook, and that was a Looooooooong time ago.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
A Twist of the Wrist Vol II by Keith Code
Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough
Total Control (High Performance Street Riding Techniques)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts