Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a standard motorcycle jack at the local auto parts store for my Vulcan 500. The problem is that the Vulcan's exhaust system hangs below the frame so it doesn't seem that the jack will work. I figured a jack would make it alot easier to lube the chain as well as perform other basic maintenance tasks. Is there a special adapter for the Vulcan or do I need another type of jack?

Any help will be greatly apprecieated. :)

Scott

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CHAIN LUBE

Spray what you can, roll it forward and spray the rest...
Or you could make a block to fit the (SCREW JACK?) so that it doesn't hit the exhaust...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to sell that jack to a friend for his quad, and I ordered another one that comes with an adapter from http://www.motorcyclejacks.com. I called the guy there and he said he was 99% certain that the MAL-2 with the universal adapter would be able to lift the vulcan. The jack is due to arrive on Friday, so I'll have to wait and see.

Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scott, how did the new Jack work out? You described my problem to a T. I purchased a Jack, tried to use it today to lube my chain and noticed that it won't fit :cry: because of the exhaust pipes being below the frame. Have you learned anything since April that could help me out.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts