Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was looking for a motorcycle jacket for the summer. I came across the Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 Jacket and wanted to know if it was a good one. And if not, what joe rocket jackets are good.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket, but no clue if it is a 3.0 or anything like that. I like the jacket, but the shoulder pads on it are wayyyy too big. They look like football pads :lol:
But that's just me :wink:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
It'll keep you cool and will protect you in a get off but not as well as full leather. Consider it disposable since it will only protect you once and need changing after a fall.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What would be a good jacket for the winter? Since i'd be riding my bike even in the freezing cold winter...

Well, it's transportation. After the numbness it can't hurt much more. :lol:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Andrew9578 said:
Hey Guys,

I was looking for a motorcycle jacket for the summer. I came across the Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 Jacket and wanted to know if it was a good one. And if not, what joe rocket jackets are good.

Thanks

Andrew
This thread looks familiar!!
Look under "WHAT I LEARNED TODAY" Joe Rocket-First Gear

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Tim- said:
What would be a good jacket for the winter? Since i'd be riding my bike even in the freezing cold winter...

Well, it's transportation. After the numbness it can't hurt much more. :lol:
http://www.newenough.com/hjc_sport2_jacket_page.htm

This is the jacket I have, with the liner in I can go in the low teens and still have my chest warm. Pair that with some leather bottoms and some thermal undies along with heated grips and you'll be in great shape for the winter.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket (red, of course). I'm pretty sure it's a 2.0. I haven't yet had the chance to try it in hot weather. I've been wearing a couple of warm shirts under it for now. I can definitely feel a lot of wind going through the jacket, so I think it will be pretty comfortable in the summer.

I like that there are a lot of adjustments on the jacket, like snaps and velcro to tighten up the sleeves and velcro to adjust the waist. I've heard that the pads will conform to your shape in time, and that will make it more comfortable.
Curt

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks Freakinout. That jacket looks pretty nice, and not a bad price at all. And it has blue. :) Blue is the color i'm planning on getting a 250 in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Andrew9578 said:
I've got a brand new, tags and all, Pheonix jacket for sale. Make me an offer. They retail at stores for 140, go for about 110 on Ebay before shipping. Make me an offer with shipping. I'm in Kansas.

Zach

·
Registered
412 Posts
heineken said:
I've got a brand new, tags and all, Pheonix jacket for sale. Make me an offer. They retail at stores for 140, go for about 110 on Ebay before shipping. Make me an offer with shipping. I'm in Kansas.

Zach
What size and color?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Joe Rocket makes some good gear. I've been wearing it for some time and have no complaints or "war stories" to tell.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I picked up an AGV Aerosport jacket for cheap & while it's not 100% leather like I wanted it seems to be a good jacket for summer use. I actually get cold wearing it when the temp's under 70* so much air flows thrugh it.

I'm still looking for a excellent all leather jacket for fall/winter/spring use.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:D I have Frank Thomas leathers but they are very hot, I bought a Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0, it is cool without the liner. It is blue, grey, black, and it is fully armored. The shoulder pads are big but don't get in the way. :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
For So Cal weather the Joe Rocket 3.0 is better than wearing a t-shirt. The inside liner does not breathe worth anything so I took it out, but the pockets are cool and adjustments work well. My thoughts were if Joe Rocket made this jacket with poly carb or delrin plastic (hard shell) over the CE armor and utilized a better banding system around the elbows this would be a perfect summer jacket. As is, I still got one and is a breeze in 90 degree heat. The hotest was 103 and still riding cool. Saw the Duc guys in the real, real hot leathers at the Rock Store :shock:

I saw a couple of them at the local moto shop picking up anything that was nylon mesh to cool off.

In cooler weather I ride with leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 Jacket

im in miami
its always bloody hot i wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 Jacket and love it when its 90+ degrees i just go faster to get a nice breeze goin through it :) it never came with a liner and i got it on ebay for bout $65 delivered from this chap here www.derbycycles.com ask for shelby,, way cool dude... ride on.. and skydive...;

1 - 17 of 17 Posts