Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of getting one of these lifts with the extenions so I can work on the bike, quads and lawn mower plus have a metal table to weld on (that being on the hands and knees is getting old fast) I was wondering If anyone on here has one and if they like it?- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Several people on the forum have them and they seem to be pretty happy if I recall correctly. If you do search you should be able to find some comments from those who bought them.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Actually I take that back, I think most people have the jack but you should still be able to find some info on that lift.

·
Hangin' by a thread.....
619 Posts
A guy I work with has one for his Harley Fat Boy and has had no problems with it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have little knowledge on this, other than the fact I've been looking for one myself. A concern I have about this design is that it doesn't allow you to take the wheels off (or turn the wheels for cleaning). Is that correct?

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
It has a panel that drops out to remove the rear wheel.

I think its best to have both a bike jack and a lift. I need to get a lift myself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a table lift from "Handy" it was expensive, but you will never hear anything other than good things said about table lifts. Its great to have one if you can afford it and as mentioned your back will thank you for buying one. It is also true that you still need to have another jack to use on the table. I have a "Low Boy" scisor jack which supports the front or back depending which wheel I want off. My table also has a wheel vice for locking the front wheel to keep the bike upright, used with ratchet straps on each side for added safety. My table has the drop out panel to assist the removal of the rear wheel. I was never happy using the small motorcycle lifts (I have one)it frightened me half to death having my Nomad swaying about on one of those things, never felt safe, my bike is too darned heavy. The first time I used the table was to change the rear tyre, fit new break pads, lube the swing arm and driveshaft and it was a breeze. I can see why the table lifts are essential in any motorcycle service/repair shop, no other way acceptable.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
I have been noticing in the last 2 issues of Road Bike there has been a 120 dollar off coupon for those. Might want to visit your local mag shop to see before you make the purchase.

Actually now that I read all the posts I think its the Hydraulic unit for 399 that the coupon is for.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
The bike lifts are nice I would like to have one but I have too much crap now and am running out of room. So I just have to settle for the bike jack.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I have been thinking of getting one of these lifts with the extenions so I can work on the bike, quads and lawn mower plus have a metal table to weld on (that being on the hands and knees is getting old fast) I was wondering If anyone on here has one and if they like it?- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I have one and love it! You can place tools on it while working on whatever for easy access and if you have a chair with caster wheels you can sit comfortably while working. I store mine on it's end against a wall when it's not in use to save on space. Best $$$ I've spent on a shop tool. Go for it!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have one and love it! You can place tools on it while working on whatever for easy access and if you have a chair with caster wheels you can sit comfortably while working. I store mine on it's end against a wall when it's not in use to save on space. Best $$$ I've spent on a shop tool. Go for it!!!
do you have the extensions on yours? does it handle the quad good? Can you move it around with stuff on it, I'll have to park something on it all the time for lack of room. Funny thing a garage is never big enough, mines 32x40 and full.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been noticing in the last 2 issues of Road Bike there has been a 120 dollar off coupon for those. Might want to visit your local mag shop to see before you make the purchase.

Actually now that I read all the posts I think its the Hydraulic unit for 399 that the coupon is for.
I found a 20% coupon good till 4/15 bring it down to 399.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has a panel that drops out to remove the rear wheel.

I think its best to have both a bike jack and a lift. I need to get a lift myself.
yes i agree with the maint. on all the toys and equip. it takes a day to just change the oil:( Thats alot of bending over, plus the table can be used as a bench when needed;)

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
No way I'd put a cruiser up on one of those HF lifts. Have you ever seen one in their store, they're kinda flimsy.

Handy's are probably the best, but pricey. I got a Direct Pro drop-table lift and love it.
Direct Lift Pro Cycle DT Air Operated Lift - Greg Smith Equipment Sales, Inc

I picked it up in person at the Newark, DE store (no sales tax). They have an accessory kit that adds extensions on either side for ATV servicing.

Warning, this thing's heavy (500#). They'll put it in the back of a pickup for you, but you'll need help getting it out.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
awesome investment. to me honest, i use it only on my cruisers esp the V2K.. the sport bikes i use the pit bull stands

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
do you have the extensions on yours? does it handle the quad good? Can you move it around with stuff on it, I'll have to park something on it all the time for lack of room. Funny thing a garage is never big enough, mines 32x40 and full.
No I do not have the extensions. They weren't available when I bought mine.

I have only used mine to work on motorcycles but now that I see the extensions are available I'll be buying them as well to use while working on my 4-wheeler.

You can move the lift around but it's not very easy to do as mine has tiny steel wheels so moving it freely like a dolly is not possible. I have a different one than the one you are linking to. Here is the one I bought which works very well for my needs.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

1 - 20 of 20 Posts