Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago, I was in Walmart for motorcycle oil and found out that they now have conventional and synthetic motorcycle oil under their house brand for a little less. I bought 4 qts for my ZN700 oil change.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Only one way to find out if it's gonna work for you, eh?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An update on the Walmart motorcycle oil. I used the Supertech synthetic oil and the only diffference I've noticed is that the oil light goes out quicker when starting it after it gets up to temperature. It would take 3 to 4 seconds for the oil light to go out with Mobil 1 synthetic 10w40. Now with Supertech synthetic 10w40 the light goes out in about a second on hot startups. I don't know what that means, whether the oil is thicker or thinner or what, just the only difference I've noticed.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Clean oil good, dirty oil bad. I don't think it'll make any difference for normal riding provided a quality filter is used. SuperTech filters aren't one of them. They've gone downhill in recent years. There are guys on other forums who are quite anal about it and cut open dozens of filters year after year.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ZN700 filter is a cartridge filter that goes up inside the engine, no canister. It comes with two o-rings, one for the inner connection and one for the filter cover. The one I used is a Fram from Advance. I figured that even Fram wouldn't screw up a cartridge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts