Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. A couple of weeks ago i bough my first motorcycle, which is a 2006 mean streak. I have been on it almost every day and have enjoyed ever minute of it so far. I want to get our relationship off to a good start, but i dont have the MOM for it. I have found it online for 16 dollars or so, but before i buy it i was wondering if there were any other options out there. I have been reading through these forums for the past couple of weeks, and i am really glad i found them. Everyone seems to be really friendly and helpful with any questions and advice. Well enough rambling on my part, and thanks in advance.

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Do you mean the small owner's manual that comes with the bike? I would definitely buy one, and $16 seems like a pretty good price. I just like to have one on my rides just in case I have a mechanical problem and a brain fart at the same time. I would also invest in a factory service manual if you can find one. I purchased one for my 2002 VN800A and its been an amazing resource for maintenance and keeping things in spec.

Good Luck,
Andy

·
At home wherever I land
135 Posts
Oh, and welccome to the forum, you're right about it being an excellent resource and the people here are really good folks.

Andy again.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
Hello all. A couple of weeks ago i bough my first motorcycle, which is a 2006 mean streak. I have been on it almost every day and have enjoyed ever minute of it so far. I want to get our relationship off to a good start, but i dont have the MOM for it. I have found it online for 16 dollars or so, but before i buy it i was wondering if there were any other options out there. I have been reading through these forums for the past couple of weeks, and i am really glad i found them. Everyone seems to be really friendly and helpful with any questions and advice. Well enough rambling on my part, and thanks in advance.
First of all, congrats on the buy of the greatest of them all! :D ;)

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
If I recall, the forum is not allowed to post links/downloads like this, so don't be surprised if a mod deletes it.
Why in heavens name shouldn't that be allowed??? :eek:

I mean, it's a private site with no interest of making money...

Well, if it should be deleted you are all welcome to pm me and I will give you the link to the downloads. :smile:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,766 Posts
It's a copyright issue. These sites that have downloads of manuals aren't posting them legally, and the forum owner doesn't want to get involved in that.

Edited to add: Even if it's legal in Sweden, it's not in the US.

·
V2K Classic
242 Posts
It's a copyright issue. These sites that have downloads of manuals aren't posting them legally, and the forum owner doesn't want to get involved in that.

Edited to add: Even if it's legal in Sweden, it's not in the US.
It is not legal in Sweden to copy US (or any other countries) copyrighted material.

Reference: International
Copyright Relations of
the United States
Sweden · Berne (Paris) Aug. 1, 1904; Bilateral June 1, 1911;
UCC Geneva July 1, 1961; Phonograms Apr. 18, 1973; UCC
Paris July 10, 1974; WTO Jan. 1, 1995

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
My god, there are former Stasi employees moderating the forum... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, PM me for free workshop manuals! :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.