Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a motorcycle racing suits for the serious protection. I was looking around and found that Alpinestars, Dainese, Joe rocket and Sipdi have such a good collection but most of them are offering two types, one piece and two piece motorcycle racing suits. Any suggestions what type of suit should have to buy.
Here to mention that almost all of them have same level of protection. Shoulder, elbow,back and knee armor and sliders come pre-installed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The two-piece suits will likely connect to one another, but that is an extra step. The one-piece suits may be more difficult to get into/out of, but you won't need to connect them together.

If you do not need to drag your knees, then look at their one-piece, non-racing suits: much easier to get into/out of; offer similar protection, but made for street riding, so no pucks on the knees; likely less money than a full-blown racing suit, but still enough protection for normal street riding/touring. Honestly, if you will not be dragging your knees in the corners, you won't need, or even want, those pucks. Racing suits also tend to be more skin-tight, to offer better protection, while a street suit will allow you to wear clothes beneath them. Just some points to ponder. Cheers!

·
Registered
491 Posts
For street riding I would go with the two peace, that way you can take the jacket off on warm days , when you get to your destination ....One peace I would use it for track racing...my two cents!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would always prefer a two piece over one piece. Getting in and out of a one piece is a tough job! I would like to recommend you a two piece suit I recently found over at this website. It is a 2-piece leather suit available at a very less price. It has protections for shoulders and elbows, back protector and knees protections. It has Zip fitting which makes it easy to remove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts