Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good motorcycle shipper that does not cost a lot? I am planning on shipping a bike from Las Vegas to Seattle. Thanks.

Nate

·
Shifted into first gear
131 Posts
I would suggest you check with the "large" Harley (can't remember the name) dealer in Vegas. I know for a fact they ship a very large number of bikes.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
I would recommend doing a LOT of checking. I'm looking at shipping a Meanstreak from Florida to MN. I'm getting lucky since Daytona Bike Week is coming up and I'm going to try to latch on to someone trailering down there and back. I have two that are pretty likely. I'm seeing $500-800 for the range myself. Try to find some alternate ways to transport. Maybe someone's going there for something and might have room on the way back. Check out Craigslist. If you get creative, you can save hundreds.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
By the way - I was told they - Keyboard Carriage - have also shipped bikes for Orange County Choppers and JWest Coast Choppers. When I was told that, I figured if they are good for those guys, they're good enough for me.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Yes, I do. The very lowest rate is Yellow Freight. I shipped my 550 from East Moline IL to Phoenix for $135. We strapped it down to a pallet and stretch wrapped it. It arrived in perfect shape. I used Forward Air to ship my 1600 from Deleware to Phoenix, $700. There are lots of choices.

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
Take a look at some of the licensed/registered motorcycle transporters doing business on uship.com. There are several that work the East Coast regularly. Don't know about the West Coast.

If you can handle delivery/pickup at a terminal, you can probably save a bunch going with a major freight company. Smaller haulers will probably give you better door-to-door service if time is a factor.

I shipped a H-D motorcycle from Louisville, KY to College Park, MD and had the bike in 27 hours using a transporter off of uship. Warning, there are unlicensed/fly-by-night operators working off of uship.com too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was moveing from NJ to Fl I check one shipper in Youship.com they gave me a price of $350. (950 miles) I hope this will help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts