Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this is a topic I do not enjoy reading about....I came across this information and thought it may help us to ward off being a victim if we follow a few simple ideas.

Top 10 most stolen models

Honda CBR600 (15.8%)
H-D FLS series (13.4%)
Honda CBR900 (8.8%)
Suzuki GSX-R750 (8.1%)
H-D FXS series (7.8%)
Kawasaki ZX-600 (5.6%)
Kawasaki ZX-750 (5.2%)
Suzuki GSX-600 (4.9%)
H-D FLH series (4.5%)
Yamaha FZR600 (4.5%)

Here is the article:

http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_9812_theft/

·
Registered
408 Posts
What? No Kawasaki Ninja 500R?! :wink: That's another reason that I chose a 500cc model for my first bike. I figure, no self-respecting thief would be caught dead on anything less than a 600cc bike. Still, I lock my forks and use a disc lock even in my own garage. It's not theft proof...just theft deterrent.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Theives will steal anything they can sell. The main reason those are the most stole bikes is that they are also the most popular bikes. (There are significantly more out there)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gee california leads that race, I never would have guessed that. I am suprised to see that no custom 1,000,000 dollar orange county bikes on the list.

·
Registered
408 Posts
nathan600r said:
....I am suprised to see that no custom 1,000,000 dollar orange county bikes on the list.
It's not surprising when you think about it. Those bikes don't blend in with the crowd so it's not like thieves could just cruise around town unoticed. Too, since many are one-of-a-kind, there's no ready market for their parts. I suppose those bikes could be kidnapped and held for ransom. :wink:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea....I would think those "one of a kind" bikes are locked up at home with all kinds of security to protec them. :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
nathan600r said:
I am suprised to see that no custom 1,000,000 dollar orange county bikes on the list.
can't get stolen if it they don't ride it !!! well, you know what i mean

·
Registered
275 Posts
nathan600r I am suprised to see that no custom 1 said:
The theives are lazzy and worthless. They are not stupid. Who really wants those P.O.S. any way 8)

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh if I could only steal one of those cherry mini-choppers that are all the rage... nothing like hitting 25 mph on the sidewalk sitting on a 2 wheeled lawnmower with rims (sans blade) to make you feel like a real rider...

·
Registered
305 Posts
ispeed77 said:
can't get stolen if it they don't ride it !!! well, you know what i mean
Those bikes can't be comfy. Plus the forks are usually so long that they have to be a pain to even steer.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Tobydawg said:
Those bikes can't be comfy. Plus the forks are usually so long that they have to be a pain to even steer.
exactly, they are just for status, just eye candy. and to be honest, if i go to a show and look at the customs, i can't wait to get back on my Nomad. nothing beats the comfort, reliability and ride of a factory metric, especially a KAWI !

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i'll second that-i took a spin on a texas chopper last week and geeeez
it rode ok in a straight line and if you notice that's about all you ever see them do on TV-as soon as you start dealing with traffic and tight corners it was a
PITA! not fun-but it was awful pretty to look at

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes....I agree.....they are nice looking but that's about it. I'm sure some who own them would dispute our reasoning but then I suppose....to each their own, eh?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts