Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...was wondering if anyone here has ever had their motorcycle shipped...perhaps for a move or what not. If so, I'm looking for company recommendations.

Have seen a few companies online that seem to be ok.

Moving from Cali to Mississippi and we're already hauling our pop-up with the SUV...need to have the bike delivered.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
401 Posts
When I moved from CT to TX my bike was sent on the movin truck with the house hold goods. I don't recall what mover it was as the company I work for handled it. If you are using a mover check with them as it's pretty common for them to do this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I moved from CT to TX my bike was sent on the movin truck with the house hold goods. I don't recall what mover it was as the company I work for handled it. If you are using a mover check with them as it's pretty common for them to do this.

I'm hoping that's the case too...I'm military and we're going to have a company move our stuff. Hoping it will include the bike, but just in case...this will be my backup plan!

·
Maldo
4 Posts
Went through this sometime ago, let the moving company know about the bike and find out if it can be included. If not, ask them how much it would cost you to ship it with your household goods. You may get a discount. Remember, it's not the cost of shipping the bike that will get you, it will be the shipping prep on the bike, storage and transfer fees. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Hello all...was wondering if anyone here has ever had their motorcycle shipped...perhaps for a move or what not. If so, I'm looking for company recommendations.

Have seen a few companies online that seem to be ok.

Moving from Cali to Mississippi and we're already hauling our pop-up with the SUV...need to have the bike delivered.

Any help would be appreciated!
When I got my bike I used a website called uShip - The Online Shipping and Moving Marketplace
It has a format like Ebay, you list for free what you want shipped and the pickup and destination and transporters bid on the job. You can then look at the feedback left for them and what type of equipment they have. I had my bike shipped from Wilmington NC to Wilder, Ky for $374.00.
The guy shipped it door to door in a covered trailer and did a GREAT job.

·
Rick
15 Posts
Check with you Base Transportation. I’m sure their familiar with this process. Although the movers were able to ship the bike with the house hold goods they weren’t able to crate it. I had to go to the dealer to have it crated for shipping. The mover picked it up at the dealer after the crating. I can’t recall what it cost but I don’t think it was more than 200. Most importantly keep the receipt and submit it in you claim. Good luck Airman.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Last year we moved from Colorado to New Hampshire. Our moving company put both of our bikes on the moving truck along with our household goods. I was a little skeptical but they did a great job. They told us they do that all the time. We just paid for the additional weight in the truck, not for any extra handling charges.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Check with you Base Transportation. I’m sure their familiar with this process. Although the movers were able to ship the bike with the house hold goods they weren’t able to crate it. I had to go to the dealer to have it crated for shipping. The mover picked it up at the dealer after the crating. I can’t recall what it cost but I don’t think it was more than 200. Most importantly keep the receipt and submit it in you claim. Good luck Airman.
They didn't crate our bikes. They just tied them down really well and covered them well with pads. There was no damage to the bikes--not even a scratch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts